upgrade request?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpaudio2

Reaction score
Question....

my requests have upgraded XO and new stators, however I find myself wondering if upgrading to something like the clarity with xstat would help (assuming I have a sub - which I do - a sealed tannoy)

what kind of sound quality differences can I expect going to a newer speaker?

Say what?

do not get rid of your request for a pair of clarity speakers :eek:

For several reasons (most notably panel size) anything less than the Vista would be a step down from the reQuest.

Im not ever getting rid of them.... I'll always have them (from my grandpa). But im wondering what the sound differences would be (no place local to go listen).

How would the reQuest compare to the visa and the clarity? What about other non x-stat ones? Is newer really better when it comes to logans?

for one thing the ( clarity source purity ) are not in the same league as the (vista vantage ) and so on.the only speakers I would look to replace the request with (I know you will still keep them because they are your grandpas) would be a pair of spire or summit x or used summits something like that.just keep listening to them they are good speakers and where your grand dads that alone makes them something a new speaker cannot be.

Yea. They do sound quite good. I have to admit.

I have a pair of bryston 7bst, two CJ Sonographe sa250s and various other tube amps.... I just switched to the CJ sonographe for summer (brystons put out a bit of heat into the room)... I think the CJ are more musical, but the Bryston has more control....

curious what did you drive yours with? Ive heard that one way people frequently go are the sunfire 300 amps... But im not sure if that would just be stepping to the side...

Back