tightening loose binding posts!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpaudio2

Reaction score
For a while now, I had been getting a slight distortion in one side. I went to change cables.... and noticed that one binding post was quite loose.

The next day I opened up the requests, found that indeed the right post was quite loose. I tightened it up. I also noted that the other ones while not loose from the outside did tighten some from the inside.

Also looking at the quality of them, makes me wonder if they would do better being replaced with something higher quality... anyone done this?

I had the same thing happen with one of my Sequels a few years ago--the black post on the right speaker was loose, but it was an easy fix. The Original Sequels have FANTASTIC posts--they were made by "Tiffany" back then--all metal, heavy duty, and with very thick gold plating. I'm not a big fan of the plastic posts they use now, and with Tiffany out of business, the only high-quality all-metal posts seem to be WBT's...

Replacing them should be simple enough though, if you're handy with a pair of wire strippers and a soldering iron...

--Richard

any idea about material of the logan ones? Diyhifisupply has some OFHC copper ones... how does copper, vs, brass sound.

Its a hard thing to AB I think...

THe only other high quality copper ones I know of are the cardas ones.... what about brass?

it also appears "CMC" makes a reasonably priced pure copper, and gold plated copper... pretty sure its against rules to post a link, so im just going to say google it.

Back