XTZ Room Analyzer

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

urskog

Reaction score
I remember reading on this forum that atleast one person here owns this and uses it but the search functionality doesn't seem to like me so I can't find the post(s) to make a direct private message assault :)

Is the kit worth buying?
I'm not really interested in only getting graphs of my listening environment but I would also like the software to (somewhat) easily guide me towards what needs to be done to remedy the worst issues present, does it do that?
Anything else worth noting about it?

If it can help me get more out of my equipment it'll be worth the investment right away but as I said above, just getting the graphs isn't enough for me.
Thankful for any insights you guys might have :)

Link for the kit: http://www.xtz.se/produkt.php?allmant=true&produkt=41&eng=true

I believe SleepySurf is the member who ones one.

Here is the thread on that kit: http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/showthread.php?t=7504

However, it is an analyzer, and not an active room corrector.

It is just as much a useful tool in audio as a tape measure is in woodworking.

I've yet to meet a serious woodworker who had NO measurement tools.

Notice how on the woodworking forums no one ever tells another member 'trust your eyes' when figuring cabinet dimensions :devil:

Therefore, with this tool (or similar ones like REW), you will be able to guide yourself in figuring out which placements are best, what room treatments (and locations) are good, and if you make significant changes in equipment setup, if they had a real and objectively measured impact.

Last edited:
BTW- it's not your search skills that are off, it seems the keyword index for the site only works if keywords are >3 characters.

I used Sleepy's ID and 'XTZ' as a keyword and got no hits.

I saw firsthand a demonstration of the XTZ Room Analyzer at SleepySurf's home. It was cool to see the graphs display the changes as we were placing a few acoustic tiles in different locations and adjusting a large plasma TV. What we heard is what we saw representing on the graph in real time.

... Is the kit worth buying?
I'm not really interested in only getting graphs of my listening environment but I would also like the software to (somewhat) easily guide me towards what needs to be done to remedy the worst issues present, does it do that?
Anything else worth noting about it?

If it can help me get more out of my equipment it'll be worth the investment right away but as I said above, just getting the graphs isn't enough for me...

Yep, I've got one. The full frequency RTA function is nice, and has helped me dial in my Summit woofers, but I've found the bass time/frequency measurements to lack reproducibility (even when averaging multiple measurements from a single location). I haven't had enough time to really learn how best to use it, so I might be missing something.

I also question if the mic is truly calibrated, despite their saying it is.

Living in Sweden, it's probably easy for you to see one demo'd. For me, I'm not sure it was worth the >$300 USD it ended up costing (including shipping, and absurd customs fees).

I'll contact them directly and see if there is a possibility to get it demoed somewhere.
If anyone else wants to buy one maybe I could send the kits to you as a regular package, that way the customs wouldn't automatically see that its from a company and hopefully leave it alone :)
If enough people are interested, maybe we could even get a power buy going?

The missus just won some money on the horses and gave me half of it so I'm leaning towards spending this money on the kit since its money I hadn't planned anyway :)

EDIT: Thanks to all who answered btw.

Last edited:
The missus just won some money on the horses and gave me half of it so I'm leaning towards spending this money on the kit since its money I hadn't planned anyway :)

EDIT: Thanks to all who answered btw.

There is horse racing in Sweden?:D

What do they run on.....snow?:D

Just kidding....but I gotta tell say, that was a funny post this morning....I shot Wheaties and milk out of my nose when I read that.:ROFL:

I have one and it is a really neat piece of equipment. At least I managed to prove that the Room Perfect system in my preamp takes care of a nasty bass resonance.
If you have a parametric equalizer the Room Analyzer gives suggestions about how to adjust it otherwise you just have to use the frequency information when constructing your tube traps.
If you're close to Malmö I can demo it for you.

Latest posts

Back