Wayne Newton

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrumpetDoug

Reaction score
Anyone in the area interested I will be playing with the "one and only" Wayne Newton at the Arcada Theatre in St. Charles this Sun. http://www.thearcada.com/

Also playing a CD release party Thur. June 11th at the Skokie Theatre with Sea Breeze Jazz Recording Artist The Dana Legg Stage Band. Featuring Mark Colby. For those that have not heard Mark on Tenor, he is pretty much Chicago's premier reed guy. He has performed with Gerry Mulligan, Jaco Pastorius, Frank Sinatra, Maynard Ferguson, Bob James, Charlie Haden and Mose Allison. He is a first call studio musician, and has played on over 2,000 commercials in the competitive Chicago market. Should be fun.

Doug - out

Last edited:
Doug,

Just a heads up. A couple of months ago, I saw Wayne at the Centennial Celebration for the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Let's put it this way, at least on that night, Father time has not been kind to Wayne's voice. I hope the gig works out great for you though.

At Indy 3/4 of the people ended up leaving before Wayne finished, kind of sad and a bit rude. But hey could have been a one time thing, I don't know, as I had not seen him in 15 years or so and back in Vegas in those days he put on a real show. Good Luck.

Last edited:
I will let you know what I hear. I will probably be self-involved a bit as this will be the first time I will be reading his book. I've heard the trumpet chair can be challenging. We will see.

Tonight is the CD release thang for those Chicago folks looking for something to do.

Doug - out

Back