Apogee Duetta Signature Rebuild

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shot of the top showing front cover bolts around the perimeter. The original much thinner front covers aren't secured in anything like as solid a manner.

It also shows the mass of magnets Apogee used. Eat your heart out Magneplanar.

Interstella+Top

Last edited:
Justin, is there a locking mechanics for the cable? It looks like it could get knocked out inadvertently.

How much do they weigh? Do you have to brace your floor underneath to support them?

Justin, is there a locking mechanics for the cable? It looks like it could get knocked out inadvertently.

How much do they weigh? Do you have to brace your floor underneath to support them?

I don't know the precise details of the connector Jon has used Bernard. I suspect it'll be fine, though. Weight? Don't know that either yet. They'll sit on solid concrete so no issues there.

Rear of speakers showing external x-over...
Why not active, Justin? Made a BIG difference in my setup and you could do this without spending much moolah.

This is ne plus ultra, no?

They are Neutrik locking connectors Bernard.

I called the guy Paul you recommended today. He said to use Furutech 102 instead of Neutrik. He is sending me some stuff tomorrow, should get it day after

So amigo,

When is the fat lady going to sing?

You're so impatient Gordon,,, send me $$$ for faster delivery:)

Also Ken - active rejection already covered when JonFo raised it. Or send me $$$ and NO Nigerians please..

Last edited:
Also Ken - active rejection already covered when JonFo raised it. Or send me $$$ and NO Nigerians please..
Justin, the last MO I sent was for 8 thousand Naira, for crying out loud. I am not made out of Naira, dammit!:p

Anyhow, if you should find yourself interested in future, here's a very good start: http://www.thomann.de/gb/xilica_xa2040.htm

Probably less than the setup costs for those gorgeous metal frames.

Speakers look beautiful Justin. I like the back uncovered to see what's inside.

Brad, don't forget that that list could grow.....and grow...until being like Justin is but a pipe dream.

And yes, my interpretation of female speech is the same as yours.

You had to say it Bernard. There's now also a pole barn in front of the Diva's rebuild date. Your suppose to be working with me here.

Justin, the last MO I sent was for 8 thousand Naira, for crying out loud. I am not made out of Naira, dammit!:p

Anyhow, if you should find yourself interested in future, here's a very good start: http://www.thomann.de/gb/xilica_xa2040.htm

Probably less than the setup costs for those gorgeous metal frames.

Looks like a toy, Ken. Might play with one in the future.

I never received the $50 - Nigerian corruption at work again, no doubt:)

I'm not sure this is the final version, but I've just done this for a plaque design for the top of the x-over boxes. Well, I reckon it is cool even if you don't:)

Should get to listen to them on Wednesday:)

Attachments

• plaque.jpg
    plaque.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 492
Very cool, but change the "if" to "of" before you install the plates. Pick a very dark color (not black) that complements the speaker finish.

Well spotted Ken - thank god for peer reviews:D.

Much depends on what can be done by various plaque makers I suppose. I have some simpler designs and it will probably be black on silver and dominate much of the top of the x-over box. Maybe that won't look so good.

I've got a pic of the inside of the x-over boxes. Solid granite casing with acrylic top. I'm not posting it for various reasons but it looks like an excellent job.

Here's a Synergy 2 plaque showing black on silver. Grey on silver I don't think will work.

Hand of Graz:D

Attachments

• Synergy 2 plaque.jpg
    Synergy 2 plaque.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 502
Who the heck is "Stella"? Combined with "Inter" it implies something not usually implied on a polite forum such as this one!

Wouldn't "stellar" better imply what you think of the performance?

Back