Summit vibration

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:confused: Could this be a design problem? Summit X, Summit, Sprire, Vantage have the same basic architectural design. I wonder if there is too much stress on the base of this type of speaker.

Pure Conjecture - So keep the flames off

Or maybe too many people move them around by holding the panels? :-\

Or maybe too many people move them around by holding the panels? :-\

How else would move them ;) I guess those purchasing these speakers used need to be careful. Better yet be in a position to inspect them.

It would be nice to have a really good criterion for inspecting a used newer generation speaker.

Never moved my Summits handling the panels, for obvious reasons.
It costs in Europe something like 17 780 $US so the owner/payer better treat them well.
Also, I believe that someone that goes for such a costly product - at least for me 14 000 euros is a few months' salary - knows something about hifi and cares pretty much of its investment.
Otherwise, it would go Bose, and the problems related with panels - design, manufacturing, handling, etc., - would never be an issue.

15 days have passed after the distributer was contacted about this problem.
Contacted the dealer 3 times meanwhile to check about some feedback from the distributer.
Not one word until this very moment.

Back