What's this??????

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danman

Reaction score
I've used other Bryston amplifiers with ML in the past, CLS, Aerius and Vantage
with no problem, so I have no reason to believe there would be any issues
with Bryston and ML.

Bryston has always made a high current, wide bandwidth amplifier, and that's
the key with ML....

Jeff Dorgay, Publisher
TONE-Audio Magazine
TONE-Audio Online
www.tonepublications.com

Found this on the Bryston Audiocircle site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused::confused:
This was posted on a subject of Bryston/martin logan compatability December 23, 2008!

BUT WAIT......THERE'S MORE:

January 15, 2009

I got to hear the Magnepan/Bryston setup and thought it was outstanding!

Man, if those amps were clipping, I couldn't hear it....

I don't know who had the "best" sound at the show, but the Magnepan/Bryston
combo was certainly one of my favorites. Nice job guys.

The little Magnepan reminded me of that little magnepan demo speaker they used to have
in their dealers years ago as a cutaway that showed you how the speakers worked.

Very cool stuff....
Jeff Dorgay, Publisher
TONE-Audio Magazine
TONE-Audio Online
www.tonepublications.com

CARE TO TELL US MORE?:eek::eek::eek::

Yeah, I liked the bryston amps with the new magnepans, but I've said that before.

I still don't like em with ML......

You're not paying attention.

Also, my interest in Bryston came from that show and the opinion of others whos hearing I trust. As I said in my other post, when we started talking to Bryston about a review, I was getting a lot of pressure to write a "this is the world's best amplifier review", so we declined to audition the current Bryston amps.

Now that I've heard them with my CLX's they are still not my favorite amp. I'd still take the Burmester 911 mk. 3, the CJ Premier 350 or the ARC REF 210T's in my system over the Bryston and I've heard all of these amps.

And I still agree with what I think is the problem in Mr. Tanners installation of his CLX's. They are too close to the wall. Ask the other CLX owners on this forum where they have theirs placed, seeing you don't agree with me. (though you have absolutely no experience with the CLX)

What's your point?

I guess what I'm the most curious about is why do you care about any of this?

Are you:

1. Good friend of James Tanner and mad because you think I've insulted him?

2. Insulted as a Canadian because I don't like Bryston? (My cone speaker reference are the excellent Verity Audio Sarastro II's, and I also own a SimAudio Moon i-7, so it's not a Canada thing, I like AND OWN a lot of their products) BTW, the Sim monos would be another amp I'd buy before Bryston in a heartbeat...

3. A Bryston employee that's trolling

4. Someone who's bought a pair of Bryston monos and is mad because I don't approve of your choice...

I don't think TomDac will be too pleased that a thread he closed for obvious reasons has essentially been re-opened.

I am being very respectful and there is no name calling. I think Tom can see that.

I thought we all agreed to disagree?

There is nothing wrong this time because I did not write these comments he did! They may be of use for persons interested in buying these products that he has given credit to.

Last edited:
Mr. Danman,

With all due respect, take a hint that even a blind person can see.

Go away.

GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back