CLX review by James Tanner of Bryston

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danman

Reaction score
James has given permission to me to quote him on his recent purchase of the CLX. He was so impressed by them during the recent Montreal Audio Show in April that he decided to get a pair for himself. here are his thoughts:

Martin Logan CLX Review

I purchased these speakers after being exposed to them at the 2009 Montreal Audio Show in the Bryston/Martin Logan Room hosted by our dealer Son Ideal. They sounded terrific at the show and I already own the Quad 2905's and felt it would be a great time to compare two of the best of the current electrostatic speakers out there. I will not bore you with all the descriptive technical stuff - suffice it to say it's all available online - http://www.us.martinlogan.com/speaker_intro/clx.html

First off, different speaker technologies sound different to me. Line Sources, Point Sources, Omni, Planar, etc. all present a different perspective due to their specific radiation pattern and room interface issues. Also I find that the specific driver material used in a speaker imparts a particular sound characteristic that rides on the music. I set the speakers up in listening room 3, which is a 16 by 23 by 8-foot room. I have listened to the Quad 2905's, the Magneplaner MG20's, the Thiel 3.7's, the JBL 1400 Array's, the Magneplaner MG3.6 and 1.6's and the PMC IB2's and MB2's in this room over the last few years.

The CLX's needs serious break in time. The manufacturer suggests a minimum of 100 hours at 90dB (which is fairly loud). I assume it is to allow the compliance of the panels to acclimatize and the crossover components to settle in. I found the sound changed a lot during this burn in period and I would not recommend any critical listening or positioning efforts before hand. In fact I am in to 200 plus hours now and they're still changing!

The CLX's are a 'dipole' design that radiate in a figure '8' (eight) pattern. The CLX though has a small twist on this because the midrange/tweeter panel is curved so its radiate pattern deviates a little from the traditional dipole polar response. Large planer speakers tend to suffer from what is call the 'venetian blind' effect which is to say there are holes in the sound-field created by the fact that the different size drivers in the planer speaker start to constrict their polar response as the frequency goes up. So in other words, as the woofer driver in the panel gets near the top of its frequency range - lets say 300Hz - the on and off axis response starts to 'beam' a little. That's why the goal with any multi-driver speaker is to try and prevent these changes in polar response from interacting in a negative way as one specific driver transitions to another (woofer to mid --- mid to tweeter etc.).

In the CLX the curved mid/tweeter driver, which operates from 360Hz and up, does not exhibit the typical beaming that most panel speakers have and acts more like a line-source than a dipole. In fact I measured the polar response of the mid/tweeter panel and it is very flat and uniform over about a 60-degree arc. So the side wall reflection becomes more of an issue with the curved mid/tweeter than it would be with a typical dipole but the smooth dispersion available from the cylindrical mid/tweeter driver is a big plus. The bass panel measured down to about 40Hz in my room with reasonable output - which is very good for a full range electrostatic speaker.

Set-up:
OK let's get to the set-up. Being a dipole over most of its range means the back wave from the speaker has to be taken seriously. The manufacturer recommends placing the speaker 4 feet from the front wall and 2 feet from the sidewalls with the mid/tweeter panels on the inside and angled so that you're listening to the inner 1/3rd of the mid/tweeter panel. I tried them on the outside but the image was way to diffuse. I suspect the reason placement 4 to 5 feet from the front wall is recommended is because it nulls out a front wall boundary frequency bump.

Also one of the main issues with the back wave from any dipole is the dreaded 'haas effect'. The ear will 'integrate' the first arriving sound with an early arriving sound if the early arriving sound is within 10-15ms from the first arriving sound. This prevents the ability of the ear/brain to differentiate which is the first arriving sound and which is the first reflection. In a good concert hall in row 12 center the arrival time of the first reflection will exceed 100ms. So if your early reflection in your listening room falls below 8-10ms your soundstage goes to pot. Also early arriving sounds can affect the level of the perceived sound as well. Some people are bothered by this 'hass effect' more than others but generally most audio people feel a delay of somewhere around 8ms or more is a good place to start when setting up your speakers if image placement and focus is important to you. So in the case of the CLX's the 4 foot distance from the rear wall means about 8ms of delay in the sound bouncing of the rear wall and reaching your ears at the listening position. Sound travels at approximately 1 foot per ms so 4 feet back and 4 feet forward means a delay of 8 milliseconds from your listening position. 5 Feet would give you 10 milliseconds and so on.

I had been using point source speakers in my room prior to getting the CLX's so I had to fiddle around a fair bit to get the soundstage dialled in. I added some absorption ( 4 inch foam) on the front wall (not too much though). Relative to a point source the CLX's image is still more diffused and images are a little larger and less defined. An important point to remember here is that all of these observations are in MY ROOM (16x23x8). A different room will exhibit different results but I think the comparison between a point source and a dipole/linesource would still apply in a relative sense. I ended up sitting 10 feet from the speakers with the speakers 8 feet apart (edge to edge) 4.5 feet from the front wall and 2 feet from the side wall and angled in about 15-degrees. This gave me the best soundstage with the maximum amount of width.

James Tanner
V/P Bryston

Second part:

How's it sound:
Electrostatics do have a sound of their own (as do all speakers in my opinion), which I think is a function of the materials used in the drivers, the polar response and the way they 'pressurize' a given room. The sound from an electrostatic is softer and more delicate. I have owned a number of electrostatics and other panels over the years and they all exhibit a kind of 'credit card' or 'etched' quality in their sound (Mylar?). It is something that you feel enhances the listening experience of detracts from it - depends on the particular listener. The sound can appear very very detailed at first but over time may begin to sound a little chiselled. The CLX's have some of this and there is a kind of 'sssshhhh or raspy-ness' to the sound at times but certainly no more than any other electrostatic speaker I have heard.

I find the CLX's provide a deep soundstage at the expense of a wide soundstage (again relative to a point source in the same room). The soundstage extends back and out from the plane of the speakers. It does not project the sound at you like a horn system would for instance. The ability of the CLX's to project images beyond the sides of the speaker will be very much dependent on the particular recording and the size of your listening room. My guess is that having to position the mid/tweeter panel at the recommended '1/3rd' position and on the 'inside' limits the amount of distance you can spread the speakers apart before you start to lose your center image. A lot of images outside a speaker are artificial in that they are in actuality very strong early reflections from the sidewalls and not part of the actual recording. Speakers that have very strong off-axis response can appear to have a more expanded soundstage by using the side walls to reinforce the off axis energy so that a strong phantom image appears along the side wall. One of the things that all speakers do is 'couple' to themselves based on the distance thy are apart from each other. There can be as much as an 8dB reinforcement of the energy in the 80-250Hz region if the speakers are very close to one another. By manipulating the distance between your front stereo speakers you can vary the amount of mid-bass in the room (further apart less mid-bass - closer together more mid-bass). So with the CLX's your trying to maximize the power range between 80 and 300Hz as well as optimize the image placement and soundstage size as you play with their position in the room.

The CLX's do not have the intensity in the so-called 'power range' to the same degree as more traditional dynamic speakers. Most panel speakers tend to sound a little 'lean' through this frequency region. The CLX's have less of this thinness than any other electrostatic I have heard. There really is a sense of fullness and body to the sound that helps make the speaker sound much more tonally palatable. If you push the speaker too hard though it starts to loose this balance but if used at reasonable listen levels it is very well controlled indeed.

Where the CLX shines is the dynamic range it is capable of. For an electrostatic it is truly outstanding! They claim the efficiency is 90dB and I believe it. I played some Yello and I could not believe how loud I could play it without feeling like the speaker was being stressed. Don't get me wrong - it's not in the league of a big dynamic or horn speaker but it leaves other electrostatics I am aware of in the dust. If you over do it the speaker will start to sound 2-dimensional with constricted dynamics. Within a reasonable power range though it really does have a 'kick' to it that the Quads can only admire. If your listening tastes flow more towards full range large scale classics, heavy metal or movie sound tracks then the CLX's may not be your cup of tea. If your tastes are more light classics, jazz, folk rock and pop then the CLX's are exceptional. Voices are really superb and there is no sense of hardness to the sound as you turn it up. Strings are excellent and trumpet and sax are to die for. Going from 'soft to loud' is as good as I have heard in most speakers and better than any other electrostatic I am aware of assuming you do not push past their dynamic limits of course.

Subs?:
I tried the CLX's with a pair of powered subs I had available and it was a frustrating experience to say the least. I felt I could 'flesh out' the sound a little on the bottom octaves (below 60Hz) but it seemed to throw off the coherency and speed of the panel on it's own. I ended up scrapping the sub idea and continued listening to the bare panels. Again if your looking at a home theatre setup or high sound pressure levels then the sub(s) will certainly provide a more robust sound then the panels can on their own. To some degree I think 'sub or no sub' will be the salient point for most people when it comes to the CLX's. The ability to use and integrate a subwoofer will be mandatory for some and irrelevant for others. Martin Logan has a sub dedicated to the CLX's so that may be my next move. One of the problems is that even though you insert a sub that helps add body to the very low frequencies (60 to 20Hz) integrating it with the power response of the panel between 60 and 300Hz is a problem not easily solved.

As the CLX's have broken in I have become more and more taken with their ability to sound natural, detailed and dynamic beyond any other electrostatic I have ever owned. They are a great tool for discerning what is going on in the rest of the signal chain and are a real plus for someone like myself that spends countless hours listening and discerning differences between audio components. I am looking forward to discovering more sonic nuances as I continue to listen through them.

James Tanner
Bryston

The CLX's do not have the intensity in the so-called 'power range' to the same degree as more traditional dynamic speakers. Most panel speakers tend to sound a little 'lean' through this frequency region. The CLX's have less of this thinness than any other electrostatic I have heard. There really is a sense of fullness and body to the sound that helps make the speaker sound much more tonally palatable. If you push the speaker too hard though it starts to loose this balance but if used at reasonable listen levels it is very well controlled indeed.

I hope you read that Rich!!!

It is a fact, as I tried to express before, that MLs can sound thin in the mid range - more noticeable on some material than others. But as I identified, to a lesser extent the CLX. And I believe it IS because of at least one of the reasons I attempted to identify.

My belief that the CLX suffers less from this is that the bass driver is the same height as the mid/treble driver. So the ear hears bass eminating from the same region as the mid/upper frequencies.

Driver mass is important too. For instance, The Apogee Diva can be supplied with light MRT drivers - this sounds faster & more detailed, but thinner, so I am told by the local Apogee driver installer (this was entirely unprompted). He says the reduced driver mass has exactly this effect - he doesn't know why - it just does.

:eek:

Last edited:
The reason they sound thin and have no image width is because he's mating them with Bryston electronics....

And the reason he was frustrated with the subwoofer performance is because he didn't us a pair of MartinLogan or JL subs.

I know mr. Tanner likes to wax poetic over on Audio Circle, but his conclusions are fairly weak and he spent a lot of time babbling about stuff that Jonathan Valin, Roy Gregory and myself said almost a year ago.

And, he's setting the speakers up 2 feet from the side wall. Sorry, but that kills all the width this speaker is capable of delivering. I have a similar sized room to Mr. Tanner and when I set my speakers up on the short wall, all of the magic was gone, and the CLX went from being spectacular to no big deal.

Bryston amps are very analytical sounding. The CLX is very revealing, perhaps more so than anything I've heard (and I believe this was JV's point exactly, and I know he's pretty discerning), so whatever you mate these speakers with, they will be merciless at revealing. That's why they do make a great tool for reviewing other gear.

If I've learned anything about speakers in the past 30 years, panels just don't work in ever room or with every setup.

I hope you read that Rich!!!

It is a fact, as I tried to express before, that MLs can sound thin in the mid range - more noticeable on some material than others.

I did read it. Did you? He didn't say most ML's suffer from this thinness. He said most "panel speakers" suffer from this thinness. I still stand by my contention that this has far more to do with room and system interactions than any particular failing of ML speakers. I still have not heard this supposed thinness from any of the high-end ML speakers, and I have heard plenty of them in different rooms and setups.

The reason they sound thin and have no image width is because he's mating them with Bryston electronics....

That is your opinion! I have tried many amps with my speakers and the best sound came from Bryston. They are anything but thin sounding!

I know mr. Tanner likes to wax poetic over on Audio Circle, but his conclusions are fairly weak and he spent a lot of time babbling about stuff that Jonathan Valin, Roy Gregory and myself said almost a year ago.

Mr. Tanner is a very unique person that in my opinion is rare in the audiophile community. He is always helpful and honest. Bryston is a very good company in a field where many don't give a crap about the customer! Your use of the word "babble" is not very tasteful and for respect of this site I will keep my personal comments of some of the things you say to myself!

Bryston amps are very analytical sounding.

You have always made it clear that you never liked Bryston amps.Who are you anyway????

Bryston is an excellent company with fantastic customer service, there's no denying that.

However, I've never liked Bryston because I've tried their stuff over and over again throughout the years and always found something more musical to listen to. I've probably owned seven or eight Bryston amps over the years and they always end up leaving for CJ, BAT or ARC, that's what I like.

If you like your Bryston amplifiers, good for you. Not my cup of tea at all, and I've really tried to like them. But if you want to know why he thought the CLX sounded thin, the amps are the answer. Sorry if that makes you angry.

And if you don't see a manufacturer writing hifi reviews as a little bit skewed, I can't help you there. You don't think an amplifier mfr is going to see the problem with any other component but his own? Every amplifier mfr thinks they make the best amplifier, and Mr. Tanner is no different than the others.

And the reason he was frustrated with the subwoofer performance is because he didn't us a pair of MartinLogan or JL subs.

And, he's setting the speakers up 2 feet from the side wall. Sorry, but that kills all the width this speaker is capable of delivering. I have a similar sized room to Mr. Tanner and when I set my speakers up on the short wall, all of the magic was gone, and the CLX went from being spectacular to no big deal.

Bryston amps are very analytical sounding. The CLX is very revealing, perhaps more so than anything I've heard (and I believe this was JV's point exactly, and I know he's pretty discerning), so whatever you mate these speakers with, they will be merciless at revealing. That's why they do make a great tool for reviewing other gear.

If I've learned anything about speakers in the past 30 years, panels just don't work in ever room or with every setup.

Jeff,

You and I both know why you have a hair up your ass about Bryston which I will not air here. The whole point of these types of discussion boards are to allow an exchange of ideas opinions and experiences with audio gear not to insult and denigrate the opinions and observations of others regarding this great hobby.

This will be my only and last post.

james

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, he never even mentioned anything about amps! He was talking about the CLX! Even Sterophile liked what they heard at this show! He purchased the CLX because he was very impressed with what he witnessed.

The point you made was probably the only negative aspect that he witnessed so far and they are only 5 days old! We all know how difficult ML speakers are to place and set up maybe the thiness is caused by his room or some other physical factor! You immediately jumped on the "I don't like Bryston product" bandwagon and blamed the amps. I remember reading your comments long and hard about proper placement of these beasts!!!!

It is perfectly ok for "you" to not like the sound of Bryston but maybe you should re-read what you said and to me it sounded like you have more of an issue with Mr. Tanner than just the amps! Using the words "babble" and "wax poetic" sound fishy to me!

I put this review on the site because I thought it was honest and an incredible honor for the CLX...............I did not think that someone would attack Bryston products as that was not my intention! I figured that coming from a manufacturer as well as someone that was impressed enough to buy them for his personal use, would be good reading for those interested in their purchase. Let's stick to the speakers please!

Moderator, I would hope you will keep this post as it is relevant!

AGREED JAMES!

The name calling will get this thread closed and deleted very fast. Keep it civil and the thread will remain open.

James and Jeff have some history, it appears....

Oh come on all - are we all just getting a bit sensitive here?

So Jeff doesn't like Bryston's. As a matter of fact, nor do I - I have never heard a system with a Bryston in I have liked.

There - I have said it. I am just stating what I think. I am not insulting your mother. I am just stating what I think. What's the harm in that? It is a discussion forum. You say what you think. That's the idea, I think, anyway.

Anyway Rich, I'd bet if you were in my room at the moment, listening to my system, I bet you wouldn't describe it as thin sounding. I've done as much as I can to minimise it, short of room treatments, which I choose to avoid, for various reasons.

Other people have noticed than MLs can sound thin - but maybe you could accuse other "conventional" speakers of sounding thin - especially with badly matched gear. I know that's true. My belief, however, still remains the same - that ML hybrids verge on a narrower border towards sounding thin. I know mine Ascents still do on some material. You could blame the recordings. In some cases that's legit, I am sure. But not all.

Anyway, Rich, he said they have "less of this thinness than any other ESL he has heard". I have noticed your tendancy to ignore what is said when it doesn't support your argument. You were guilty of it hugely the last time we discussed it.

Don't get me wrong Rich, most of what you write here is great, IMHO. You might not think the same of me, but hey...:)

We'll never agree on it... we'd best drop it:)!

Last edited:
I just love the fact that James bought a pair for himself and wrote about them.

That speaks volumes about just how good the CLX's are!

I am in agreement that a forum is a place to state your opinion as long as everyone is civil whats the big deal

we have to much censorship going on in this country lets at least be able to fight over audio:D

I just love the fact that James bought a pair for himself and wrote about them.

That speaks volumes about just how good the CLX's are!

Yup - he bought them because they are bl**dy brilliant. No more, no less.

:)

Actually, my memory has failed me temporarily. I did like the Bryston kit on this page: http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8468&page=5. Rest assured I have heard a lot of the expensive stuff, and it hasn't worked for me in the situations I have encountered it. Theoretically, though, it should be much better. Everything works in theory, though:)

Last edited:
Ahhhhhhhhh ....Mr Tanner..."a baratone from Dayton , Ohio made his Towne Hall debut last nite and while he came well prepared his presentation was not up to contemporary standards......full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order"

for those that don't know the above quote is of a lyric line from Harry Chapin's song...."Mr Tanner". While in bit light hearted fluff for this thread as well as my predicition a couple weeks back that Ms Susan Boyle would in fact be the modern day 'Mr Tanner' !

Thanks Tom for not deleting my post! All I wanted to do was give a perspective outlook from a person that knows his stuff!

Obviously Tonepub has someting against Bryston that is personal but I did not put this on the site to bring it out! Like you (Tom) said, coming from Mr. Tanner means an aweful lot. Bryston itself is only half the picture.........he still forked out over 20000$ fro this speaker because he was truely impressed! That's all that was said here in the first place! I did not talk about amps!!!!

User 211, that is fine that you don't like Bryston the thing is you did not insult someone in the process! Them's your ears!!!!!

Someone is going to have to explain better this "thinness issue" to me! next week I will have the chance to finally hear for myself the CLX (yes with Bryston gear!!!!) in Montreal! I am looking forward to it!

What Danman really fails to grasp here is that as I stated previously:

Just because I don't care for Bryston, doesn't mean they aren't a great company that makes a good product. If that is the sound that makes you the happiest, good for you. If that is the case, you probably wouldn't like the gear I like and that's fine too.

The only "history" I have with James Tanner and Bryston is that when their PR agency asked us to review their TORUS power conditioner, I told them I would evaluate it and if I felt it was on par with the Shunyata and Running Springs product I currently use, I would review it, if not I would return it, which I did after listening to it.

In the last four years, I've done the same thing to about a dozen power products.....

During that time, we had expressed interest in Bryston, because I hadn't heard their latest gear and friends of mine who's hearing I trust (and is close enough to mine to be a good resource) told me to check their latest stuff out, which I was definitely intrigued in.

While we had the TORUS in for evaluation, I kept getting press releases from Bryston on a weekly basis, proclaiming that this reviewer and that reviewer claimed the new Bryston gear to be, of course, "The best, etc etc."

After about six weeks of this I sent James an email stating that I felt he was looking for an over the top review with us and because I couldn't guarantee that, I was no longer interested in Bryston product. Since then I have had the opportunity to listen extensively to their current stuff and while it's very good, it's still not the gear I'd buy for my personal system.

And, if you've been paying attention to what we've been writing for the last four years, we have never called ANY component "THE BEST". We have occasionally said something has been the best we've heard at a given price point and we've also called a few pieces of gear the most musically revealing so far.

When I worked for The Absolute Sound, Harry Pearson told me to "Never use the B word" and it was one of the best pieces of advice I've ever received.

In the end I still think it is very irresponsible and self serving for an equipment manufacturer to be writing equipment reviews. If most of you think that reviewers can't be objective (and it's difficult on a good day) there's no way a manufacturer can be objective, nor would I expect them to be. Would you expect someone from MartinLogan to tell you over dinner that someone else makes a better speaker than they do? Probably not.

It's about you finding the gear that is best for you, your room, your budget and your musical taste. If I can help you with those choices, great. If I can't so be it.

Hair from ass removed to the best of my ability.

This is the last comment I will make concerning this useless issue so pay attention.

Please re-read the review!!!!!!!!!!!! The comments were about the CLX ONLY!! No mention of certain amps at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We asked James to give us feedback on this wonderful speaker and he did!!! That is the only reason I posted it in the first place! He never mentions that it sounds good only because of the amps he says it sounds good because...........it sounds good! The "thinness" issue (which I don't yet understand) is the only thing he noticed at this time! The speakers are new and placement and room treatments have been minimal so far! I thought that we all know that there is no such thing as a perfect speaker!!!??? We all listen in our own personal way and each of us have different expectations! You don't like Bryston fine....who cares? Just leave it at that. Don't blame one small blemish in his review automatically on the electronics!!! I, contrary to you, think it is great to have someone such as James write such a positive review of the CLX! He (like yourself) has listened to countless number of speakers and to have him pick the CLX for his own personal use is a huge compliment. He was honest enough to express his non snobish views that most would not have the guts to do! This is NOT a magazine review, this is his own speaker that he paid for!

As for the subwoofer statement, he did say that ML has one specifically for this and that it would probably be his next change as the ones he tried don't mix well and we all know that ML's are notorious for difficult matching of subwoofers especially from a full range panel! I have a 1000$ SVS and it sounds good to me even though I have it adjusted to be barely heard! It seems good to me!

Now back to that CLX we are all drooling for............:music:

Last edited:
Anyway, Rich, he said they have "less of this thinness than any other ESL he has heard". I have noticed your tendancy to ignore what is said when it doesn't support your argument. You were guilty of it hugely the last time we discussed it.

Don't get me wrong Rich, most of what you write here is great, IMHO. You might not think the same of me, but hey...:)

We'll never agree on it... we'd best drop it:)!

No need to drop it just because we won't agree. The debate and discussion is the fun part. :D And don't for a moment think that I don't respect your input Justin. I may disagree with you on a few things, but I think you add a lot to the forum.

Now, as for his statement that "they have less of this thinness than any other ESL [he has] heard," if you go back to the first part of his review he states the speakers he has heard before. He doesn't mention ML, which is why I didn't bring attention to the statement you bring up. In fact, the only ESL he does mention is Quad (which, if I recall correctly, didn't you say the Quads don't exhibit the thinness that you say ML exhibits?). Curious.

And to Danman: As for Jeff's opinion that Bryston's sound thin, it is a fairly common opinion. Such opinions of Bryston are posted all over the internet. They may work great for you in your system in your room, but quite a lot of people feel very differently about them. Personally, I have never seriously listened to them, so I can't offer an opinion. I do note that there are very few ML users on this forum who use them in their system, which speaks volumes to me.

What I don't understand is why you are taking Jeff's comments so personal. Why would you post this review if you didn't want to engender some discussion? And why does all discussion have to be positive and in agreement? Jeff's opinions are not a slap in the face to you or to Mr. Tanner. They are simply his perspective of Mr. Tanner's comments based on his own previous use of Bryston components. I would urge you to lighten up a bit and not take it so personally.

We are NOT talking about Bryston components but about the CLX!!!! The issue for me is closed. I will repeat one last time.....I thought his unbiased input of the CLX would be very interesting from a person that has heard them all...........at least much more than 99% of us on this site!

I regret putting this thread up as I believed it could be of use to some that are looking to buy these speakers but I was wrong. It became a venting area for a reviewer that has a personal issue with the company......and that I could care less about. If I knew that Bryston would be blamed for their so called "short comings" I would of not of even brought it up!

Because people don't often use Bryston electronics with Martin Logan should not be a factor for you not trying them as you mentioned this speaks "volumes" to you! I would never buy an American made car because evryone else is because I think they are poorly made and that comes from experience not someones personal opinion! I suppose the Sterophile review of this set up is useless?

I for one have tried Mac's, BAT, YBA ect...........and all are wonderful but for the price, I feel I am not missing anything! I don't want to speak for the Tonepub guy because I think that someone that is supposed to be very experienced like him, should not blame Bryston in his first sentence for the "thinness" issue! This has been brought up before and Bryston was NOT powering them! I will see for myself next week and believe me, I will be listening very carefully for this especially now that I know it is a matter of utmost importance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look, even I am getting off track here.................what about those CLX's??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back