Martin Logan vs. Sanders Sound Systems

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We may have listened to the 10b at the 2008 RMAF in Denver. Roger was there and was using his electronics to power the speakers.

It was one of the few rooms that I went into twice and that's saying something because there were over 150+ hotel rooms with all sorts of hi-end gear.

http://www.martinloganowners.com/fo...7410&highlight=2008+rocky+mountain+music+fest

There was also a comparison made between ML and Sanders speakers here:

http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8063&highlight=sanders+10b

Overall, I think everyone likes Sanders' stuff and customer service. I can't recall a single post where someone had anything overly negative to say about the quality of his speakers, electronics, or the way he treats his customers.

Erik

it would be cool if Martin Logan manufactured a nice pre amp and amp for their speakers.
I know their is already an overwhelming selection out there but I think this might make the selection easy for some people as obviously if they tailor made the amps for their speakers it would be a nice combe

Last edited:

Based on comparisons, and in a nutshell, the 10b is and the summit were very close. The Sanders was a bit more transparent. The Summit was a bit warmer. Sanders said his speaker can be adjusted to be more warmer via the crossover controls, while the latest generation of Logans - Spire and Summit x are supposedly more transparent.

If you stay at this level, you can't go wrong with either.

If you want something exceptional from an electrostat, hear the CLX or the Soundlab.

I had the experience of listening to the SoundLab A-1PX in Ontario last year and can tell you that I have never heard anything like that before! At 30000$ however, quite a bit out of my range but amazing.......I never wanted to leave. Talk about complete full range but they are HUGE and at the same time beautiful!!!

I may have the chance to hear the CLX in a couple of weeks in Montreal at Son Ideal because they have a new sound room with them and I would like to listen.

Angela, when I'm out next to visit my son (lives up the road in Pine Jct) I owe Tim (MiTT) a Mexican dinner. I like that little place that's adjacent to the gas station on 285 just east of Conifer on the right side as you're heading into town.

it would be neat if you and Roger would be able to join us !

Back