Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: RMAF 2009 - Post here.

Unfortunately, looks like I won't be able attend RMAF this year. I've got way too many things on my To-Do list, and need that extended weekend to catch up. The upside is I'll put the $$ savings towards new audio gear! Looking forward to a field report from those of you lucky enough to be going.

Squeezebox Touch/Bel Canto DAC 3.5VB + Oppo BDP-95 > Conrad-Johnson CT5 preamp and Premier 350 amp > ML Expressions 13A. Dual ML BalancedForce 210 subs. Audience Au24e I/C's, speaker cable.
    Click here to see my entire sytem. Member of the Suncoast Audiophile Society.

sleepsurf, sorry you can't make it. I'll take some pics this year since Tim may not come, but don't expect the report to be anywhere near as good as his was!

Now, how many confirmed do we have that are definitely going? We're only a month away.
    - Steve You got fins to the left, fins to the right...Wilson WP8, Pass Labs XA-100.5, Pass Labs XP-20, BAT PK-V5, Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, TTW GEM V2, K&K Audio Premium SUT, VPI 16.5 & Keith Monks Discovery One record cleaners, MacMini (on Spatial Isoplane), JRiver, Ayre QB-9 DSD, X-CAN V-3, Sennheiser HD-535 (on Woo Audio stand), Adona Racks, SRA amp bases, PS Audio PPP, Mogami w/ Neutrik XLRs, Douglas speaker cable, GIK treatments, Shunyata Venom Defenders.

I'm In !!

Just booked my Flight, Hotel, and 3 day pass.

Couldn't make it last year, with the birth of Dawson.

Here he is almost a year old.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Click Here To See System #104
    Where Words Fail, Music Speaks

Wayne, he's adorable ! of course he has to be, he's got Wilma's looks !!!

Glad to hear you'll be @ RMAF, looking forward to catching up !
    Dave

System #79 - Analog is Alive and Well, if in doubt, click the link below !

Click Here to see my System

Default Bowhunting wins

Made the decision a couple days ago A group of friends and I will be heading to the upper pennsula the first week of October for early season bowhunting I was truly hoping to attend rmaf but there is something special about being in the woods in October. Have fun guys enjoy Denver.

My system the first 2 weeks in October
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Kenscollick; 09-04-2009 at 01:07 PM. Reason: picture

Default I'm Going to be there!

A few weeks ago it didn't seem like I was going to be able to go because of the timing of our Physical Inventory. My V.P. still wants to do the PI that first week of October, but he is giving me some leeway in our planning.

We close the quarter of course on Sept. 30th, so we should be at a pretty low point on all the inventory and WIP in the plant, so I told him I'd like to start the PI the very next morning and try to bang through as much of it as possible on Thursday the 1st. I told him I'd stay as late as necessary, plus come in as early as possible the next morning so that I could split at noon and go catch the first day of the show. I'll probably have to go back to the plant after that, but the hope is that we'll get pretty much everything done on Friday night. It doesn't look like I'll be able to host anything at my place on Friday night, but I think I'll be able to hit the show both Friday and Saturday, plus hang out with everyone at a group dinner on Saturday night.

Rich, Dave and I all had dinner a while back at one of my favorite spots over in the gallery district - Lola. If folks want I can call to see if we can reserve a section of the place. I've seen them put large groups in their basement area before and we'd have our own bar down there. Here's a link to the place:

http://www.loladenver.com/

Let's get a list started of who might be interested in a group dinner on Saturday night and I'll start taking care of the logistics.

Dinner at Lola with the Martin Logan Group
    Saturday, October 3rd - 7:30 pm

1.) Tim Bingaman (MiTT)
    MiTT
    Tim Bingaman

All Music...All the time...Commercial Free...

If you want to see System 95 click here

Default I'm in!

I've never been to one of these shows but always wanted to. So went ahead and booked the hotel and flight!

I look forward to meeting the other club members who will be there!

ANDREW

Hi Guys, unfortunately, I won't make it.

I really wanted to go, but I've started a new company recently, and you know how that goes. Lot's of work, little pay (for now we hope)

Take lot's of pics and write up your experiences.

Remember to enjoy the tunes!
    Jonathan

System #45 (Monolith IIIx, Sequell IIb, SL3XC)

Quote Originally Posted by MiTT View Post

Rich, Dave and I all had dinner a while back at one of my favorite spots over in the gallery district - Lola. If folks want I can call to see if we can reserve a section of the place. I've seen them put large groups in their basement area before and we'd have our own bar down there. Here's a link to the place:

http://www.loladenver.com/

Let's get a list started of who might be interested in a group dinner on Saturday night and I'll start taking care of the logistics.

Dinner at Lola with the Martin Logan Group
    Saturday, October 3rd - 7:30 pm

1.) Tim Bingaman (MiTT)
    Tim, Glad your going to be able to attend

Not fond of Mexican food, but I clicked on the link and read this first sentence......
    Named one of the Top 5 places to drink tequila in the country by Food and Wine Magazine,

Unfortunately I'm very fond of Tequila...
    Do we have any Designated Drivers??

Count me in
    Click Here To See System #104
    Where Words Fail, Music Speaks

Definitely count me in for Lola's! Glad so many regulars are going to be there. Looking forward to seeing Tim, Wayne, Gordon Gray, Dave, and other MLOC members. What about TomDac? Is he going to make it?
    Rich

This comment is intended solely for educational purposes and should not be construed as conveying any express or implied warranty of fitness for any other purpose. Said comment constitutes merely the humble opinion of its maker and does not reflect the views of the MLOC or of ML, Ltd. YMMV. Trust your own ears.

Count Joyce and I in for Saturday dinner!
    - Steve You got fins to the left, fins to the right...Wilson WP8, Pass Labs XA-100.5, Pass Labs XP-20, BAT PK-V5, Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, TTW GEM V2, K&K Audio Premium SUT, VPI 16.5 & Keith Monks Discovery One record cleaners, MacMini (on Spatial Isoplane), JRiver, Ayre QB-9 DSD, X-CAN V-3, Sennheiser HD-535 (on Woo Audio stand), Adona Racks, SRA amp bases, PS Audio PPP, Mogami w/ Neutrik XLRs, Douglas speaker cable, GIK treatments, Shunyata Venom Defenders.

Has anyone received their passes in the mail? I ordered my three-day pass online, but have never received anything about the conference. I wonder if there was a glitch.
    Rich

This comment is intended solely for educational purposes and should not be construed as conveying any express or implied warranty of fitness for any other purpose. Said comment constitutes merely the humble opinion of its maker and does not reflect the views of the MLOC or of ML, Ltd. YMMV. Trust your own ears.

Rich, if it's like last year you pick them up at the door.
    Dave

System #79 - Analog is Alive and Well, if in doubt, click the link below !

Click Here to see my System

Dave is correct. It's been like that every year.
    MiTT
    Tim Bingaman

All Music...All the time...Commercial Free...

If you want to see System 95 click here

I won't be going. However, I will be going to a major show here next weekend.

Will probably post some pics. It's for the best, really - Tim's RMAF pics plus mine too. Somehow I think RMAF will have the better kit, however.