RMAF 2009 - Post here.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about we pick a hotel for us out of towners? on another thread i asked about staying at one of the exhibitor hotels and was advised not to.
So where is a good place to stay? not necessarily $200.00 per night but also not a place where they regulary shoot an episode of Cops.

How about we pick a hotel for us out of towners? on another thread i asked about staying at one of the exhibitor hotels and was advised not to.
So where is a good place to stay? not necessarily $200.00 per night but also not a place where they regulary shoot an episode of Cops.

I can do a little digging into this and report back here. The part of town where the event takes place (Greenwood Village and the Denver Tech Center) is one of the nicer areas of Denver truth be told. If you're within a 5-6 mile radius of the show you'll be ok. I'm assuming another Marriot, Hyatt Doubletree or similar type place would meet with most everyones approval?

I can do a little digging into this and report back here. The part of town where the event takes place (Greenwood Village and the Denver Tech Center) is one of the nicer areas of Denver truth be told. If you're within a 5-6 mile radius of the show you'll be ok. I'm assuming another Marriot, Hyatt Doubletree or similar type place would meet with most everyones approval?

Thanks Tim, that'd be great. I just got back from a two week vacation out to CA and the idea of staying in another hotel is not appealing to me right now, but I'll be fine by October!

What was the reason for not staying at the host hotel? It seems rather convenient

I suggest Priceline for hotels. You can get some really good deals by bidding. You can specify the star level and the area of town, but not the specific hotel. I have not used Priceline for hotels in the US, but have used it many times for hotels in Montreal, where I typically get a 4-star hotel for US $60, and when you add taxes and service charges it comes to about US $80. Those hotels cost typically US$150 or more.

Looks like a flight costs £329... or thereabouts. Not bad at all.

So, basically, apart from the show, is there anything good to do in Denver, to make the trip worthwhile?

So, basically, apart from the show, is there anything good to do in Denver, to make the trip worthwhile?

LOL !!!!!!!!! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Justin, you obviously know very little about "Mtn beauty"

Justin, you obviously know very little about "Mtn beauty"

Well, er, yeah, bet they look great:D But what can you do in them?

Yellowstone seems about 450 miles away, that'd be cool...:cool: More money though, and if I go there, the wife will want to go too...$$$£££:devil:

Well, er, yeah, bet they look great:D But what can you do in them?

Well for starters you can admire them, not sure how many 14,000 plus peaks you've got in England ?? :devil: many breathtaking and beautifull drives across wonderfull passes to be had, go mountain biking for a day, might be kind of fun to watch you 'sea level' guys suck wind !!

Yellowstone seems about 450 miles away, that'd be cool...:cool: More money though, and if I go there, the wife will want to go too...$$$£££:devil:

Rocky Mtn Nat'l park is close by, good microbrew ride outside the park.

You could also take a drive to the top of Mt Evans if the road is open, that way you can say you were on the tallest paved road in the world !

I just got back from Denver and it is a great town. Tons of stuff to do. Great shopping (and not just for the girls), incredible nightlife scene, lots of hiking/biking trails, tons of art galleries, etc., etc.

Well, my status has officially changed from definite maybe to definite attendee! We just made our airline and hotel reservations, and I just ordered my three-day pass to the show. Looking forward to it.

We are planning on staying at The Brown Palace Hotel. It isn't near the show, nor is it cheap. But it is my new favorite hotel. Located right in the heart of downtown, historic, beautiful, luxurious, and just an awesome place to stay.

Officially Bumming right now

I am in a deep depression guys. Not long ago I decided to expand my horizons a little and accepted a position as Operations Manager at my company. While I'm enjoying the new opportunity it's come at a steep price. My V.P. was in town the past two days and we decided to conduct our PI at the plant the first weekend of October - right after Q3 close. Makes sense for the business, but it wasn't until last night that I realized that's when RMAF is this year!!!

:eek: CHIT!!!

If I'm lucky I may be able to attend on Sunday. Trying to find a valid reason to postpone the Inventory until a week later. Any good ideas?
:(

Remind him you have this 'bum' coming in from Philly that still owes you a Mexican dinner !

Seriously Tim, I hope you can pull something off my friend !

Remind him you have this 'bum' coming in from Philly that still owes you a Mexican dinner !

Can we just go ahead and make reservations now for Lola's? Man, that place was yummy!

Tim, I agree with Bernard. You should just speak frankly with the guy. Surely he will understand that your wife's chemo treatments scheduled for that weekend should take precedence over the company's PI. ;)

Well there is a slight chance may I come after all.

Around that time I will be either close to Raleigh NC or Washington DC. The decision will probably be made on the spot.

So assuming I can get a domestic flight to Denver on almost no notice AND get some accomodation reasonably close to RMAF AND also assuming the RMAF allows walk in registration....I might make it after all.

a few ifs there :)

Last edited:
Back