RMAF 2009 - Post here.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I've got a few of those that are attending cell phone #'s, shall we exchange via PM our numbers for anyone interested in 'hooking up' @RMAF, coordinating lunch, dinner plans, etc

I'm not able to make RMAF this year...if anyone has the time and is willing to help, please stop by the GR Research room and give the V-1 a listen. It's an OB desgin so I will be very curious to know what you stat lovers think.

Please report back with a mini review.

anyone willing to commit?

TIA

I'm not able to make RMAF this year...if anyone has the time and is willing to help, please stop by the GR Research room and give the V-1 a listen. It's an OB desgin so I will be very curious to know what you stat lovers think.

TIA

I'll try to remember, but no promises.

Finally home during RMAF

I will be attending the RMAF this year; first time that I am actually in the USA during the event in over 4 years.
Next weekend Vancouver, then the following weekend Denver (RMAF).
I can host a small gathering if anyone wants to hear Vantages. I hope to have my new Camel-color microsuede ATS panels in place by that weekend. I can always use tweaking suggestions.

Lee

Anyone's wife going to Denver, but not attending RMAF? My wife was a trooper last year and went to RMAF with me, but she says she doesn't want to go this year. So, she'd like to go shopping; especially if there is another wife to go with her.

Steve, I don't know what Shirleys plans will be relative my two days @ RMAF (she may stay up in the mtns and do something with my son, unless he decides to come to the show with me) but if she does come down into Denver I'm sure the two of them could do something around town to 'amuse' themselves .

We'll coordinate as the time draws near.

Thanks Dave. They may be interested in this, also. I just received this from RMAF.
For those of you who will be traveling with a spouse who may not have quite the stamina for audio that you do, we offer a spouse outing. Our spouse outing coordinator always plans a wonderful and exciting surprise for those who wish to step out of the show environment. We never know what it's going to be, but she hasn't missed yet! The outing will be on Saturday, October 3rd. Everyone who is interested should meet at the Spruce Room at 9:30 am. Since we never know what the offerings will be, we recommend comfortable walking shoes, casual business attire and a spirit of adventure.

Holy Chit!

Guys, it just hit me like a ton-o-bricks that RMAF is less than a week away.

I need to make a reservation for dinner on Saturday TODAY!

I need a (virtual) show of hands so that I can get the right space. Please let me know if you plan to come. I'm going to start with a few assumptions and hope folks jump in to add their names or make corrections. See the running total below:

Dinner Saturday Oct. 3rd at Lola's:
1.) Tim (MiTT)
2.) Dave (Twich54) and Shirley
3.) Andrew (DC Audiophile)
4.) Rich
5.) Wayne (theWB)
6.) Steve (SlowGeezer) and Joyce

Looks like 8 so far.

Lee (Kaboomnash), are you and your wife in? I believe that Gordon Gray already said he could NOT make it. Who else?

Last edited:
Hey Tim,

Count me in for Saturday dinner. I will also be bringing a friend.

Gordon

TIA

I'll try to make it Jason.

Gordon

Hey Tim,

Count me in for Saturday dinner. I will also be bringing a friend.

Gordon

Awesome Gordon, that's great.

So now were up to 10.

Dinner Saturday Oct. 3rd at Lola's:
1.) Tim (MiTT)
2-3.) Dave (Twich54) and Shirley
4.) Andrew (DC Audiophile)
5.) Rich
6.) Wayne (theWB)
7-8.) Steve (SlowGeezer) and Joyce
9-10.) Gordon Gray and Friend

Here you go Gordon:

http://www.loladenver.com/

The address is 1575 Boulder Street, Denver, CO. Phone number is 720.570.8686

Humm...

Is that walking distance from the show? I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm just taking a shuttle to and from the airport. If we need to drive to dinner, could I hitch a ride with someone? Please pm me if you've got wheels!

Tx,
ANDREW

What do you want to look at, err, hear at the show?

Wow, it's almost here, our chance to hear some great stuff! I wanted to put out some of the things I'm interested in to see who else might also share my interests. That way we can tag along together and be able to discuss what we see and hear!

My current primary interest is in DACs. I'm really interested to hear differences amongst them--where possible and practical--and differences between good external DACs vs. those of a CD or DVD/CD player.

Also, I'm very interested in the idea of a music server. To prototype the idea, I've started to rip my CD collection to itunes on my laptop, which was recently upgraded to use a SSD. I bought the Apple Airport Express and have been streaming music from my office to my living room with surprisingly good fidelity!

Since I've only recently bought my Spires, listening to speakers--at least with the intention of buying--is not really a priority. However, I would be interested in listening to Spires and other ML speakers and other brands for comparison sakes. I think you all can appreciate that after months of deliberating and finally making a decision to plunk down some serious cash on a great set of speakers, the last thing you want to do is undermine that. Acoustic issues/solutions are also of interest to me.

I'm an all digital guy, even though I still own vinyl and a B&O 4004 TT which is in retirement, so I would also be happy to listen to some vinyl.

I'm getting in Thursday evening and leaving Sunday morning. So I'm looking to fully utilize all of Friday and Saturday to check things out in order of priority, lest I run out of time.

For anybody who is also getting in on Thursday, and would like to have a late dinner or drink at the hotel, please pm me. I'm staying at the Marriott itself.

Tx,
ANDREW

Dinner Reservation

OK guys. Dinner reservation is made for 7:30 PM at Lola's. They are going to see if they can put us in a back area where it may be quieter so that it's easier to converse.

Reservation us under the name Martin Logan

Sorry Tim, I found out today that duty calls and I am now working long days all weekend and straight thru untilo the 12th.
You all enjoy the RMAF while I keep you safe in Colorado. These hours have also hindered my plans to have the new sound panels on the walls before the weekend.
Well at least Vancouver was awesome last weekend.

Have lots of fun, Lee

I was looking forward to meeting some of you at RMAF, but it looks like I won't be able to make this year. So I'll get my RMAF updates from Jeff! Have fun to all who are going!

I was looking forward to meeting some of you at RMAF, but it looks like I won't be able to make this year. So I'll get my RMAF updates from Jeff! Have fun to all who are going!

Same here--you lucky dogs! Oh well, perhaps next year...

Latest posts

Back