Akira - Blu Ray

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fvbruin

Reaction score
Title: AKIRA
Year of Release; Feb 24, 2009
Film Studio:Honneamise
Genre: Anime

Video

Video codec: MPEG-4 AVC
Video resolution: 1080p
Aspect ratio: 1.85:1

Audio

Japanese: Dolby TrueHD 5.1 192/24
Japanese: PCM 2.0
English: Dolby TrueHD 5.1 48/16
Japanese: Dolby Digital 5.1

I watched this movie many years ago and was blown away at the time by the story and visuals in the early 90's before the current era of CG animation films. To date, this Blu Ray version is cleanest and most detailed version, with the colors very warm and bright in certain scenes. But the real reason to buy this movie is the amazing audio. This is the only movie available right now that comes with a Japanese Dolby TrueHD soundtrack at 192khz/24 bit 5.1 channels and I can tell you i have never heard any movie sound this good, period!!!! The dynamics and clarity of this audio is absolutely stunning, there is no other way for me to describe the quality of this soundtrack. I have never heard so much sound coming from my rears or have experienced being surrounded by such a terrific cloud of audio from a movie as i have with this. The following link references the idea of hypersonic sound and how you can get that audio from this movie.

http://www.yamashirogumi.jp/akira-e/sankou/

Attachments

• AKIRA.jpg
    AKIRA.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 416
I second that but would like to note that the 192/24 track has a tendency to make many a bluray player cry. Make sure format is supported because if not the English track is god awful (although movie is still a timeless classic). Opening scene is always good for an orgasm of the earlobe on a proper ML system.

Latest posts

Back