Ascent Side Trim - Anyone Know The Screw Dimensions?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User211

Reaction score
When I got my Ascents, the side trim kept falling of, so I wedged them in by pushing them up such that the speaker trim peaked out above the top of the speaker. Eventually, I just removed the trim.

They are held in place by screws that fit in from the other unexposed side of the trim i.e the main frame. Question is, I don't know what the correct size of screw is. If anyone knows, or could perhaps remove one to find out, I'd be eternally grateful.

They were bought 2nd hand at about one year old from a dealer many years ago now. I never bothered to complain - at the end of the day it's only a few quid to fix.

Thanks in anticipation that someone might know...:)

Turns out Jim Power did. No surprises there. Anyway, attached is the Ascent Trim manual. Might be useful to someone at sometime when searching MLOC, I guess. Anyway, I got the screws today and they're fine.

Had to zip it to a PDF file - PDF restriction is 68.4K but ZIP is 1.05MB. If there's logic in there somewhere, I've missed it.

The PDF itself is 75KB.

Attachments

• Manual_Ascent_Rail_NELH001_And_Up.zip
    68.8 KB · Views: 195
Sorry I missed this one... I could have helped you with that. I have several different trim panels for my Ascent and Prodigy. Came with the black oak, I also have a dark maple or something like that (still in its box...never installed) and they are currently wearing the Piano Black (nee. Obsidian) side rails and they look AWESOME with that! Jim Power is an AWESOME guy and made me a great deal on the Obsidian rails! Just couldn't pass it up and I am SOOO glad I got them (Piano black top on my Descent too).

Glad you got it figure out!

Actually, James, I saw your rail thread when trying to find this one again, and I nearly posted it on that, since you talk about the attached PDF not being available anymore.

Yup - your rails look smart.

Back