System #309 (Purity)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamiehill72

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Jamie Hill

2. Location: Everett, WA

3. ML Model(s):
a. Mains: Purity
b. Center: Motif
c. Surrounds: Fresco i
d. Subwoofer: Descent i

4. Year Purchased: 2008 – 2009

5. Mods/Changes: None yet.

6. Associated Electronics:
a. Pioneer Elite vsx-94txh
b. Panasonic 50” plasma
c. PS3
d. Xbox 360
e. Wii
f. Monster Power 2600 power controller

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience:
The first time I saw and heard a ML system was back in the late 80’s when I was still in high school. The Magnolia Hi-Fi (as they were known then) near me also carried car audio equipment and I used to shop there quite a bit. I remember seeing the speakers and being really tripped out by the design. The sales guy gave me a demo and I knew one day I would have to have them. It took a few years, but I finally made it. The wife even enjoys them and admits that our movies have never sounded better. The only problem is that we have a single chair in the sweet spot and I have to fight her for it now.  I guess that is a good problem to have.

I feel I am also getting to the point where I am going to need to move into using a separate amplifier for the system as I know that the Pioneer is not the best solution. I am looking into picking up a McIntosh MC205 pretty soon, but I have to give the pocketbook a rest for a while first and just enjoy the sound of what I have now.

8. More pictures are coming. This is an old pic from when I first moved everything to get the speakers away from the wall.
photo-33.jpg

Jamie, Welcome, nice gamming / HT set-up you have !

Go Xbox! Xbox and logans are made for each other !

I got the Descent i hooked up and tuned in. Talk about a beast! The thing shakes the whole room and it is only on 3.5.

Great system, mine is very similar to yours overall. Just curious how do you feel the Fresco's integrate with the purity & motif?

I am really impressed with the Fresos so far. They have a nice crisp sound to them and really bring out the surround effects.

Back