Next Step......

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations Tom. I'm sure you're going to love it! I am very happy with my Denon 3808ci Pre pro. Running into a Levinson 335 and B&K 7250.

The X250 will be used to drive my Summits. 3 of the channels of the X5 will be used for the center and surrounds. The other 2 channels will be unused. Future expansion.

Got the X5 today and it arrived unmolested. I tested all 5 channels and they all seem to be working fine! yay.. one step closer.:music:

Tom I could be wrong but you have enough channels to do 7.1!!!! Why not???:bowdown:

Good job Tom, you know I love my X250. I am sure your new Pass multi-channel is excellent.
What are you running for rear speakers?

Lee

one step closer...

Hey all...

Purchased a Anthem Statement D2 w/ARC - check is going out today.

Also just purchased some XLR cables - figured I'd stick with the same brand/model I'm using now (AQ King Cobra), so I'll be putting the single ended ones up for sale once I get the balanced ones here and everything up and running..

Gotta curb the spending for awhile.

Can't wait to get it all so I can start playing!!!

Tom,

You know you are only one component away from having it all!

An OPPO BDP-83 would give you 2.0,5.1 or 7.1 analog playback of SACD, DVD Audio, MP3, HDCD, DVD V, and more as well as Blu Ray with all, and I mean all the latest HD sound codecs on board. And just $499:D

Buy one and I will donate another C note to your aids walk.:rocker:

The devil made me do that.:D

Also just purchased some XLR cables - figured I'd stick with the same brand/model I'm using now (AQ King Cobra), !!!

Congrats on the new multi-channel upgrades Tom !

FWIW, if you need any additional AQ King Cobra balanced IC's I've got a four meter pair sitting in my bag not being used. I've been to lazy to get 'em on the 'Gon' or Craigs List.

Tom,

You know you are only one component away from having it all!

An OPPO BDP-83 would give you 2.0,5.1 or 7.1 analog playback of SACD, DVD Audio, MP3, HDCD, DVD V, and more as well as Blu Ray with all, and I mean all the latest HD sound codecs on board. And just $499:D

Buy one and I will donate another C note to your aids walk.:rocker:

The devil made me do that.:D

You are EVIL!!! :devil:

better surrounds come first... and those will have to wait... Very excited about all of this, though...

It'll be interesting to see how the D2 performs against the PS Audio DAC....

Hi Tom, congrats.

Hope the ARC process goes well. Use a good mic stand stand for it.

I forgot you had the PS Audio DAC. Man with all the new toys to play with.......well I just want to know when you play Keane in 5.1 surround sound for the first time. Everybody likes to hear about the first time:D

Oh yeah, and welcome to the darkside of the multi-channel force!:devil:

Hey all...

Also just purchased some XLR cables - figured I'd stick with the same brand/model I'm using now (AQ King Cobra), so I'll be putting the single ended ones up for sale once I get the balanced ones here and everything up and running..

I've used the Kings in XLR with my multichannel for years...in fact I bought them just when I got my D2. Excellent cable if you prefer the sound of copper (which I do) or unless you are in an area of high ambient RF at which point some of the more sophisticated shielding scenario's of more expensive cables pay off.

Purchased a Anthem Statement D2 w/ARC - check is going out today.
Congrats on the Anthem purchase.

I know a bit back you had talked about getting a Theta for your surround processing.

Also just purchased some XLR cables - figured I'd stick with the same brand/model I'm using now (AQ King Cobra)
Good to see you like the AQ's in your setup.

In the future if you or others are considering trying something else in the same price range as the KC consider DH Labs Air Matrix or Zu Audio Gede.

Last edited:
Hey all,
D2 is in the UPS system and is currently in Nashville. Hopefully it will be here next week sometime. Next weekend I'm keeping wide open so I can set everything up and play with it!!! YAY:music:

I'm really looking forward to this... I've had that Denon receiver for a long time.. since 2000!

I'm really interested to see what the Anthem Room Correction (ARC) will do to the settings... stay tuned..

I'm really looking forward to this... I've had that Denon receiver for a long time.. since 2000!

I'm really interested to see what the Anthem Room Correction (ARC) will do to the settings... stay tuned..

I hope it helps I have never been a big fan of room correction although my current denon does a decent job I still prefer it without.Sonically that should be a big jump up I would think

Back