ML Club's most wanted

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most wanted for Christmas...

Santa,

I would like:

A Anthem Statement D1 Processor, like Joe's
A CJ tubed preamp, like Jeff's
A SMS-1, like Dan's
A Shanling T200 ASCD player, with 'Bendix 6385 Red Bank' tubes, like Mark's

I been a good person, mostly, this year... :D

Cheers

-Robin

Last edited:
I almost forgot...

Robin said:
Santa,

I would like:

A Anthem Statement D1 Processor, like Joe's
A CJ tubed preamp, like Jeff's
A SMS-1, like Dan's
A Shanling T200 ASCD player, with 'Bendix 6385 Red Bank' tubes, like Mark's

I been a good person, mostly, this year... :D

Cheers

-Robin

I would also like:

A complete set of inteconnects, at least six, 1.5 meter - Audioquest 'King Cobras'... :D

Cheers

-Robin

Summits if I can stand to part with the Apogee Divas which currently inhabit my two channel system. arc Ref 210's to drive 'em. In my Martin Logan based Home Theater (Aeon/Logos/Scenario/Descent) probably a Linn Unidisk (almost bought one of these till I heard the Ayre C5, which of course ended up in the big rig).

True love

sakhavi said:
OK, time for another frivolous but fun exercise... What's the one new hifi or HT product (ML or not) that tops your wishlist? I'm interested in people's answers both considering cost and assuming cost is no object.

For myself...
cost considered: ML Cinema (or Stage when avail.)
cost no object: PlasmaSync 61XR3 Plasma TV

True to ML love:
*Cost considered: Summit
*Cost no object: Statement E2

I want 2 systems...

1. Beef up my current Summits with better gear upstream.
2. Build a whole 'nother system based on conventional speakers - something along the lines of a Wilson or JM Labs.

It never ends...

not sure if you'd like those formulas joey (No2) - bit like b&w nautilus, good to impress your mates with, but wears you down. that's the way i went, and why now i've been auditioning the Summit. The panel is gorgoesly seductive, but when you look at the bass, it's always playing catch-up, so sadly they've had to go :(
hope the exams went ok (mine are coming up)
now auditioning Peak Consult's InCognito X

Last edited:
bonesetter said:
not sure if you'd like those formulas joey (No2) - bit like b&w nautilus, good to impress your mates with, but wears you down. that's the way i went, and why now i've been auditioning the Summit. The panel is gorgoesly seductive, but when you look at the bass, it's always playing catch-up, so sadly they've had to go :(
hope the exams went ok (mine are coming up)
now auditioning Peak Consult's InCognito X

Boards went well... I think... scores arent up for a month or so. Good luck on yours!

Regarding your earlier post... do you mean the Summit's bass cant keep up with the panels?

Jeff Zaret said:
Does wanting a female companion that likes this hobby count. Of course if she has money would be even better. LOL :D

Jeff :cool:
Is having money an option????

Cost a factor, I have been searching for a local pair of mint ascent i
Cost no object, Still thinking:confused:

My needs are pretty simple..

- A pair of Vantage's (in black) for my mains (will move the Clarity to the rear)
- A centre channel.. reality dictates Fresco, but would like a Stage (or any used ML centre stat) in black
- A decent 5 channel amp.. would use my Rotel reciever as a pre. Does any know whether a Rotel RMB 1095 would drive ML's nicely? Seems to be good value for the money.
- Pioneer Elite 42" plasma

Now to convice the fiancee that these are 'simple' needs :eek:

Joey_V said:
Good luck on yours!

thanks

Regarding your earlier post... do you mean the Summit's bass cant keep up with the panels?

yes, i didn't think it was as noticeable on the vantage, which i really enjoyed, but with the extra bass on the summit it was. once heard, always heard sort of thing

the summit was a little too big for my room as well. a moving coil speaker will be better. either the peak incognito x or verity audio fidelio encore. both have alot of refinement, and are very musical

bonesetter said:
yes, i didn't think it was as noticeable on the vantage, which i really enjoyed, but with the extra bass on the summit it was. once heard, always heard sort of thing

the summit was a little too big for my room as well. a moving coil speaker will be better. either the peak incognito x or verity audio fidelio encore. both have alot of refinement, and are very musical

You're the first one I heard who's said the Summit's bass cant keep up. I have really picky ears and I never noticed it... nor will I try cuz that's just calling for trouble.

Enjoy whichever speakers your adventure leads you to! :)

Latest posts

Back