Stage vs Motif

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mapmustang

Reaction score
Has anyone compared the Stage and the Motif side by side? I currently own a Motif, but have found a pretty nice deal on a potential upgrade to a Stage. I currently have the Motif wall mounted, and the Stage would be in the same spot. I currently am driving the system with a Sunfire Cinema 200 x 7 and a B&K Ref 50 processor. Any opinions are appreciated. Thanks.

Hello,
I have listened to both the Stage and the Motif side by side. While both excellent centers, the Stage is worth the extra money. No replacement for displacement. While tiny compared to the Elephantine Theater i, the Stage is a good bit bigger than the Motif. Especially if you are able to do so without a huge price increase. What are your front speakers?
Cheers,
ML

I have Ascent i's for the fronts, fresco rear surrounds, and montage side durrounds with a descent i. I would love to upgrade to Spires at some point, but I'm getting married in a few months and the job market isn't too stable, so they will most likely have to wait until things calm down a bit.

Back