CLX Demo At KJ, London. DarTZeel & Metronome

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User211

Reaction score

Attachments

• clxdem.jpg
    clxdem.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 352
  • clxdet.jpg
    clxdet.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
Hmmmmm.....

Roundtrip ticket from Denver to London - $799.00
Multiple pints with Justin and a few friends - $130.00
Good bottle of Port as a bribe - $85.00
Crashing on Justin's sofa after ingesting pints and Port - free? :eek:

Listening to the CLX with Metronome front end and DarTZeel amp - PRICELESS!

I'm in!

Of course, though we can do a room with an en-suite for a bottle of Bernard's favourite Burmester!;)

Beer has to be this stuff: http://www.oerbier.be/. I have just ordered 20 bottles. Why? Because I went on a brewery visiting holiday to Belgium once - 10 days of complete drunkeness with some good friends. This was the best I came across. Must be drunk from the brewery's special glass, of which I have ordered two.

We'll get loaded on that, then fire up that pretty powerful and I am sure wonderful DarTZeel integrated. Good times guaranteed.:)

Then we'll stay at my sister's London pad, as we won't be able to make it back to Bristol!:D

Last edited:
Of course, though we can do a room with an en-suite for a bottle of Bernard's favourite Burmester!;)
Burmester in a drunken orgy would be a waste. But with a nice bit of (French) Roquefort (forget that phony (English) Stilton stuff) it would be brilliant.

Orgy you say? Now this isn't just starting to sound good, it's starting to sound excellent, whichever way you look at it!;)

Apart from the next day...:D

Somehow, I don't think KJ would respect MLOC's representation at this event, however:)

Thanks (even if not English!)

Have just sent KJ West One an e-mail as based in England (and I even used to live in Bristol, and was back there just the other day)...did you get a response / date yet?

Thanks for the tip ...I guess your subscription copy of 'Hi-Fi News' also hit the doormat this morning !

PolarBear - I'm probably not going to go - but if you get any feedback as to when it is, please post it, as there's just a small chance I might go...

Oh and yeah, HFN did pop through the door today!

Another 2 weeks

They told me that they expect to receive the kit to go with the CLX in around two weeks' time.

I think that KJ West One locale is too small and cluttered. I went there in July 2008 to hear the Quad 2905, and they also had the CLX two weeks into its break-in in the front room. Quads were in a room so small I couldn't even tell they were ESLs. And CLXs not impressive in their awkward front room, as you had to sit too close. Nice people though.

That's a bit of a shame. When I was a kid (12+) I used to live near Watford, which had a KJ. It was packed full of high end kit, but not great for demos either.

I used to spend hours in there, drooling. And I also spent a lot of time in there with my father, just trying to get him to buy some decent gear - which, after a lot of "work", he actually did, god bless him!:)

Any experience of MEX or Oxford Audio Consultants?

They may be members, of course!

Both have CLX on demo too, I gather from their sites/HFN ads...

I called the swine 'flu helpline - but all I got was crackling.

Why? Because I went on a brewery visiting holiday to Belgium once - 10 days of complete drunkeness with some good friends. This was the best I came across.

Belgian beer - we went to a Belgian Bier Café this afternoon (while I should have been working) and I tried my first Hoegaarden.......YUK!

Roundtrip ticket from Denver to London - $799.00
Multiple pints with Justin and a few friends - $130.00
Good bottle of Port as a bribe - $85.00

Listening to the CLX with Metronome front end and DarTZeel amp - PRICELESS!

Hmmm..........
Roundtrip ticket from Brisbane to London - $AUD3,861

awwww.......I'm gonna cry!

Back