Final Speakers out of business

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepysurf

Reaction score
I only got to hear them at CEDIA (which is a HORRIBLE place to hear anything) and at a dealer showroom where he had no idea of what they were about and how to set them up or partner them with decent electronics. That is to say, I never really got to hear them either.

I know one of our members (jtwrace?) liked them well enough that he ditched his Logans in favor of them if I recall correctly.

I had a set and liked them a lot. Great looking and sounding speakers. The finals must have a sub to make them shine. I'm sad to see them go.

I know one of our members (jtwrace?) liked them well enough that he ditched his Logans in favor of them if I recall correctly.

That is correct. When I bought my Scenarios from him, I had a chance to listen to his Finals.

The Final's may have been a little more detailed (actually, they were verging on "analytical" to my ears) than the Scenarios, but I thought the Scenarios, as small as they are, sounded much BIGGER than than the Finals, in width, depth, AND height...

Frankly, I think I got the better end of the deal, but the Final's did have a unique sound.

AS for their claim of being the first to have clear Electrostatics, their own website says the FinalSound company was started in 1991. Martin Logan first showed their orignal Monolith at the 1983 CES, and was selling them within the year. By 1991, ML was well into production on their "second generation" line which included the Sequel IIs, ReQuests, and CLS's.

Hmmmm...

--Richard

Final-ly Gone!!!!

Just kidding, it's sad to see any high end company go under,...............but since it is sinking into the pit of Audio-darkness,......isn't it great to be afloat the S.S. Martin Logan???!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, this will not be the end of the blood letting. I suspect the hobby we all love will look like a different place in the not too distant future.:eek:

Always wanted but never got to hear a pair. Shame...

A local dealer carried them for a short time, and I got to hear one of their mid-sized pairs. They sounded pretty good, but ML's definitely have more "heft" to them, both physically, and sonically.

A local dealer carried them for a short time, and I got to hear one of their mid-sized pairs. They sounded pretty good, but ML's definitely have more "heft" to them, both physically, and sonically.

I've also heard the 0.3 model - a hybrid design like MLs. Certainly had teh "heft" but definitely not the integration of MLs.

That is correct. When I bought my Scenarios from him, I had a chance to listen to his Finals.

Frankly, I think I got the better end of the deal, but the Final's did have a unique sound
--Richard

Richard,

You didn't hear my Finals. Maybe this will refresh your memory. I couldn't meet you to drop off the ML Scenarios b/c of a work travel. I mentioned to you that you could pick them up from member IWalker and that's what you did. That system was not mine that you heard.

I'm glad that you are still happy and think you got the better end of the deal. That's all that matters IMO.

Latest posts

Back