spent a day in JonFo land

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

repman

Reaction score
All I can say is WOW !!!!!!!

Me and a friend had the opportunity to spend a day at Liz and Jonathans beautiful home in the mountains listening and watching today

I'm putting all my shit out to the curb next friday for garbage day!

I have to say that in 5.1 mode for music or movies it is phenominal:eek:
the bass intergration with the panels is so good it is virtually seamless and the way the bass notes hit you is so tactile , we watched the first ten minutes of Bolt the bass waves hit you in the chest in waves.

That place is better than a six flags ride, I am now a firm believer that acoustic treatments in a room are vital for acheiving the sound I am after.

If you ever get the chance to experience the hospitality and the sound at Jonathans dont pass it up

Jonathan thanks again for sharing your baby with me its AWESOME:bowdown:

regards, Larry

Jonathan thanks again for sharing your baby with me its AWESOME:bowdown:

regards, Larry

Hi Larry, I sure enjoyed having you guys over and talking shop. It sure beat working ;)

I'm glad you love the results, and with a few treatments, your room is sure to sound better as well.

Just keep at it :music:

thanks for the kind words,

Last edited:
Jonathan you are going to have to start charging for admission to your place.:D Larry I know what you mean, it is an amazing place, and the demo that Jonathan puts on is top notch. Not to mention the hospitality that he and Liz have makes for a day well spent. I need to get back out there for round two!!!!!!!!!:rocker:

Glen

Last edited:
It's been years since my last trip to the Georgia Mountains, but I'm planning on getting there this July. And since we have similar taste in music... all I have to bring is some good wine :cool:

Jonathan you are going to have to start charging for admission to your place.:D Larry I know what you mean, it is an amazing place, and the demo that Jonathan puts on is top notch. Not to mention the hospitality that he and Liz have makes for a day well spent. I need to get back out there for round two!!!!!!!!!:rocker:

Glen

Hi Glen, just drop me a note on email and we can set up the follow-up :)

It's been years since my last trip to the Georgia Mountains, but I'm planning on getting there this July. And since we have similar taste in music... all I have to bring is some good wine :cool:
Scott, looking forward to your arrival. We’ll definitely set aside a day for you my friend, just let me know the exact date once you lock in the trip. :rocker:

Glen , yeah his room is amazing the dynamics on movies and music is crazy

maybe we can all meet up together sometime i know that Jonathan mentioned he wanted to get a SE meet together soon Im in

Larry

Glen , yeah his room is amazing the dynamics on movies and music is crazy

maybe we can all meet up together sometime i know that Jonathan mentioned he wanted to get a SE meet together soon Im in

Larry

That sounds good Larry, I too would love for all of us to meet up. Count me in.

Glen

Jon, where do you send people for 'room treatments 101' in where to start to begin achieving the best results possible from their room? (Hopefully with a MartinLogan specific slant)

Is it accurate to say that room treatment needs for a Martin Logan system differ from 'normal' room treatment advice?

Jon, where do you send people for 'room treatments 101' in where to start to begin achieving the best results possible from their room? (Hopefully with a MartinLogan specific slant)

Is it accurate to say that room treatment needs for a Martin Logan system differ from 'normal' room treatment advice?

I'm considering writing up something between a very long article and a small book on the topic. Specifically with an orientation to the room interactions of linesource dipole speakers.

Seems this niche is underserved by the traditional press / publishing industry :D

And yes, there is a good bit of difference in how to set up for this type of speaker.
Even the approach will vary depending on goals for the system. I’m considering doing three main targets:

• Stereo music listening
  • Casual media-room / living room multichannel
  • Dedicated Home theater multichannel

I’ll be starting out with basics of room acoustics and sound radiation theory, as these are key to understanding why certain locations and or treatments are preferable to achieve certain results.

However, much of the detail and technical background will be omitted, and instead there will be copious references to more authoritative books or articles.
Then I’ll get into specifics about linesources and dipoles, with variations for each of the target goals. This is the very much underserved part of the equation, especially the adaptation for the various goals.

Back