The Beatles Dr Ebbetts master recording-14Cds

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cherian,

I am not sure about the sound of these discs, having never heard them. My understanding is that they are "needle drop bootlegs." In other words, bootleg cd's made by recording from the vinyl.

If I were you, I would consider waiting a few months, when the entire Beatles catalog comes out in remastered form. Here is some info. on that including a copy of the press release.

Thanks Rich for the heads up. I have a "needle drop" copy of the MOFI white album and it sounds good. I will wait for the new remaster on 9-9-09. I just wish they would do them in SACD format.

I'm amazed this guy hasn't been sued...

The Beatles have some of the most highly guarded intellectual property of anyone!

I'm amazed this guy hasn't been sued...

The Beatles have some of the most highly guarded intellectual property of anyone!

I second that

SACD my be worth it if it was done correctly

I think you better get this set. I have one and will stick with it until SACD come

0080.jpg

0081.jpg

I have never seen this collection before. What is it? Who put it out?

Thanks

Cherian

Depends on what master these were done. For 750 I'd do a little more investigating. The new discs in Sept are going to offer stereo and mono mixes. The mono stuff is much more interesting than the stereo....

Depends on what master these were done. For 750 I'd do a little more investigating. The new discs in Sept are going to offer stereo and mono mixes. The mono stuff is much more interesting than the stereo....
It 100% use same master as UK LP original release. That mean if LP album has mono mix, CD will mono mix. :music:

Engineer make a excellent job, sound of this CD set is like they just record it yesterday. ;) :rocker:

I ended up getting this box set via ebay and am very happy with it. All very high quality recordings. Thanks!!

I think you better get this set. I have one and will stick with it until SACD come

0080.jpg

0081.jpg

Pre orders are being taken by elusivedisk.com for the 9-9-09 release of The Beatles collection.

Attachments

• beatlesinfo2.jpg
    beatlesinfo2.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 762
the dr ebbetts version of the Beatles original master recordings. are about the best available both in sound quality and artwork. the sound quality will astound any listener. and the glossy artwork is fantastic.

These are bootleg discs.

The sound quality is fair. Not even close to what the best original pressings offer and this guy is breaking the law selling what is essentially his needledrops of Beatle albums. I've heard the CD's and they aren't even as good as the orignal Parlorphone CD's that were pulled from the German masters.

This guy is breaking the law and the product is substandard.

I would seriously wait till the new Beatles remasters to see how they turn out. A couple of people I know in the music biz tell me that they will be the same sonic quality as Beatles Love.

Always be wary of reviews of questionable products by a person with one post on the forum who can't seem to write a complete sentence.

Already order the new remaster set from amazon. After 9/9/09, we will know how better between the new one and the old remaster.

See the attached. $446.00 to get both the Stereo and Mono remasters.

Attachments

• beatlesboxedsets7-15-09.jpg
    beatlesboxedsets7-15-09.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 110
Back