Has anyone evaluated the Summit X? Why isn't anyone raving?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand all the overseas countries also being annoyed with this but I am only a few hours away from the U.S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to probably have the panels shipped to a friend in the States and he will send them to me here. Since there is afree trade agreement and the items are built in North America, I will not be charged duty. This should save me about 600$ Canadian dollars. A pain in the butt to do and I am not sure about warantee after that but I think the saving will merit the purchase. I really love my speakers and they are like brand new even though the panels are 10 years old.

Pretty sad that I have to do it this way!

I know... I rather thought the free trade agreement would have benefitted us more on products like the ML's.. however, it doesn't seem to be the case... :confused:

I know... I rather thought the free trade agreement would have benefitted us more on products like the ML's.. however, it doesn't seem to be the case... :confused:

NAFTA just means there are no government duties or taxes. It makes no mention of being taken advantage of by distributors of US products here in Canada...

Off topic, but then the thread is anyway.

Anyway, these turned up yesterday. Had a session with them plugged into my 211 monos. The truth is these are unbelievably good for the approx half price I managed to get them for. They definately love tube amps, and throw out a rich warm soundstage full of detail that's way bigger than you'd expect it to be.

If you like the looks and are in the market for some small speakers, even at full retail they are a fantastic and great sounding buy.

Brilliant stuff.:)

Attachments

• pods.jpg
    pods.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:
Hi Gordon,

Width: 8.8 inches
Height: 17.6 inches
Depth: 6.8 inches

Here is one against a lamp to give you a "real world" idea.

Justin

Attachments

• drop.jpg
    drop.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 449
I like the Sputnik spikes....

But do they come in lime green like my new Zu Essence's?
That's official BMW factory Golf Yellow, just like they used
to spray the old 2002tii with!

Attachments

• zu.jpg
    zu.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 443
Apart from a dodgy DIY job, I guess the answer is no...:)

But can you hang those from the ceiling?:devil:

No, because the bottom firing port needs to be about 1/2" from the floor. I suspect bass response would suffer...

But who cares, their Golf Yellow!

Eureka! I'm gonna change my floor, ceiling, and side walls into one massive Golf Yellow Logan!

Might have to tread carefully, though:D:)!

Back