Mss hifi

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Irishtom
Depressing? What do you care what gear other people like, it's no skin off your nose.

Because it connotes a complete ignorance of hi fidelity and when all you see around you is ignorance, it is depressing. I understand that.

But then again, IrishTom, you are on record saying you are sure Bose speakers are wonderful, so I can understand why you would be confused. Ignorance is bliss, I suppose.

Rich, I certainly would agree that Bose speakers are bad, but people are free to buy what they like, or think they like. It's not as if someone's holding a gun to their heads telling them they have to buy them.

But I don't care for your demeaning remarks and calling Tom ignorant. Tom's a good guy who likes to have fun, kid around, stir the pot a little, and most of all make people think. His priorities might be a little different is all. Please relax and cut him some slack.

sorry

sorry to burst your bubble, but the internet is not "real" therefore, it really makes no difference if a few hundred or even a few thousand people post their negative opinions online. in terms of marketing, the customer reviews may be helpful to some individuals, but overall it's generally a matter of spitting in the wind.
in this day and age, when we live in the "blogosphere", not only is the internet the greates resource for information in history, it's also become the biggest dumping ground for worthless garbage ever conceived by man. nobody really cares about our opinions, and point of fact nobody should.

we're just drops in the bucket and while a single negative review, or negative feedback may cause a ripple effect, it's also just as likely to brand the reviewer as a pariah by those who simply don't care about their plight, or find it funny. it's an aspect of human nature to want to be vindicated, but it's also a very necessary aspect of human nature to ignore the troubles of another individual in deference to one's own troubles.
posting your complaints here may help to make you feel better, but don't fool yourself into think that it makes any difference to anyone but yourself.

as the owner of an independent record label, i've struggled with many of those who post illegal downloads online while hiding behind this "philosophy" that what they are doing somehow "helps" the artists and their labels by "promoting" the music. many of my fellow label owners and artists are just as exasperated by it as i am, but like me they simply lack the funds or psychological energy to litigate these people into oblivion. it's an uphill battle, and one which will ultimately result in fewer albums being released for financial reasons, which means we'll be vindicated in the end while our businesses suffer and the pirates will have no more new music to post.

at least, that's one possible outcome...

the point is, we've made a conscious choice to ignore the internet for the simple fact that it's not "real" and the opinions that exist within it do not dictate our reasons for producing music. by the same token, the manufacturers of $30,000 hifi systems will not cease operations because a certain element of the population believes that the idea of paying for music, or charging money for music, is "So last century" and the dealers will not cease operations because of a few dissatisfied customers airing their complaints in online forums.
you may as well break out the torches and storm the castle tower.

sorry to burst your bubble, but the internet is not "real" therefore, it really makes no difference if a few hundred or even a few thousand people post their negative opinions online. in terms of marketing, the customer reviews may be helpful to some individuals, but overall it's generally a matter of spitting in the wind.
in this day and age, when we live in the "blogosphere", not only is the internet the greates resource for information in history, it's also become the biggest dumping ground for worthless garbage ever conceived by man. nobody really cares about our opinions, and point of fact nobody should.

we're just drops in the bucket and while a single negative review, or negative feedback may cause a ripple effect, it's also just as likely to brand the reviewer as a pariah by those who simply don't care about their plight, or find it funny. it's an aspect of human nature to want to be vindicated, but it's also a very necessary aspect of human nature to ignore the troubles of another individual in deference to one's own troubles.
posting your complaints here may help to make you feel better, but don't fool yourself into think that it makes any difference to anyone but yourself.

as the owner of an independent record label, i've struggled with many of those who post illegal downloads online while hiding behind this "philosophy" that what they are doing somehow "helps" the artists and their labels by "promoting" the music. many of my fellow label owners and artists are just as exasperated by it as i am, but like me they simply lack the funds or psychological energy to litigate these people into oblivion. it's an uphill battle, and one which will ultimately result in fewer albums being released for financial reasons, which means we'll be vindicated in the end while our businesses suffer and the pirates will have no more new music to post.

the point is, we've made a conscious choice to ignore the internet for the simple fact that it's not "real" and the opinions that exist within it do not dictate our reasons for producing music. by the same token, the manufacturers of $30,000 hifi systems will not cease operations because a certain element of the population believes that the idea of paying for music, or charging money for music, is "So last century" and the dealers will not cease operations because of a few dissatisfied customers airing their complaints in online forums.

I think I may dry this one out and use it to fertilize the lawn lol.the internet is "not real" that's sad if you really think that.

Attachments

• head in the sand.jpg
    head in the sand.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 536
Last edited:

I respectfully but wholeheartedly disagree with the bolded part of your statement. I actually value user opinions more than professional reviews and marketing information, since the user opinions represent real-life experiences with a product. If there is a significant number of consistently negative opinions with a product, service, or company, I take notice. To ignore such seems foolhardy to me. Conversely, if a product, service, or company receives consistent rave reviews, I also take notice of that. I also think it is sad that you think no one cares if someone has a bad experience with a product, service, or company that they might be interested in. I am sure that I am not alone in my assessment.

wow.. really good troll post. he registers today and posts contradictory BS... I'm not buying it. This guy is not interested in ML or our community, which isn't "real".

Begone, knave. I banish thee.

when he tries to log on again, he'll see the message:

The internet is not "real". therefore, you are not real either... :ROFL:

Last edited:
wow.. really good troll post. he registers today and posts contradictory BS... I'm not buying it. This guy is not interested in ML or our community, which isn't "real".

I suspected such as well. I should know better than to feed the trolls.

Ironically, virtual reality does exist in the real world.

And the poster posts his opinion on the Internet about how opinions on the Internet don't matter ?!?

The Ironic if not Moronic troll!!!

Last edited:
Back on topic, the threads on AA have been moved to Shady Lane:

The main thread, in which Johnny Boey posts under his fake name Massimo. Well worth the read.

There is a second thread with a link to a TV story about him a few years ago, also found in Shady Lane.

I personally think the internet was the best thing that has happened to HIFI and music in about thirty years !

when he tries to log on again, he'll see the message:

The internet is not "real". therefore, you are not real either... :ROFL:

Tom,

Thank you so much for paying attention. It was pretty clear to me (new to the forum as well) that he was trolling. Your quick catch of this means I'll certainly be browsing here more often.
Best to you all,
Jeremy

:ROFL: Tom --- hilarious.... great job!!! tim.

MSS HiFi thieving dogs and fraudsters

Well what can I say ? Recently I had the unpleasant experience of being ripped off by Johnny Boey, the proprietor of MSS HiFi.
They advertise as the leaders of the free world and won't be beaten on price, hardly surprising given their business practices.

Luckily for me this wasn't a big buy just a few hundred dollars, but it is the being done over that really hurts. To give Audiogon (where the transaction was done) their due they did sort of try in a half hearted fashion to sort this out.
Now I am left with the chance that I may be able to do a chargeback and have made a fraud notification to my CC company. I would advise anyone thinking of doing business with Johnny Boey to think twice .
MSS is no longer a registered seller on Audiogon, nor do they reply to email. I suppose he'll have to lie low for a few days and come up with a new name.

This is my first post, pity it is so negative. hopefully things will pick up.....

Last edited:
There is a long thread on the Audio Aficionado site regarding a high dollar MSS transaction gone bad. Caveat Emptor.

Back