Simaudio Titan versus Sunfire TGA 5400

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMAUSGP

Reaction score
I have used the forum search and it does bring up some mentions here and there of the Simaudio Titan amp but nothing from what I would consider a recent poster and certainly nothing in depth.

I know multi-channel is not everyones cup of tea, but I hope there are some MCH guys or gals out there that have tasted the Simaudio Titan amp.

I was curious if anyone on the MLOC has an opinion of the Simaudio Titan HT 200 versus say a Sunfire TGA 5400.

I know the Sunfire has twice the watts of the Titan but I was curious about the musicality of the Titan versus the Sunfire with ML speakers.

I also know that retail, the Titan is more than twice the price of the Sunfire, that the Titan has some class A, that they both have current to push the CLXs but I really would like to hear from someone who has maybe heard both or at least has lived with the Titan extensively.

Thanks in advance, any experience or info is appreciated.

Sorry I can't help you, but I find it interesting that we now have two threads asking about SimAudio stuff at the same time! SimAudio is expensive and low production volume so finding ANY info on ANY of the SimAudio stuff is a challenge. I have personally ALWAYS been a fan of SimAudio from the first time I saw some of their gear but I have yet to hear any of it through ML speakers of any kind!

I too look forward to someone with first hand knowledge posting info!

Your post was right on. It is tough to find much of anything on Simaudio amps let alone the Titan specifically. Well one old review but it wasn't very informative.

I was able to get the spec sheets for both the Titan and the Sunfire TGA 5400 and in a side by side the Titan does not overly impress. With the response I have gotten so far it looks like I am going to stay with my Sunfire 5400 and pass on the Titan.

Back