ADAM Speakers?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amey01

Reaction score
Heard some of these today - The Tensor Alpha......wow. Better than the Avalons I've heard. That means......you know what - the best I've heard! What's more, they're named after me!

Attachments

• at1 (400 x 600).jpg
    at1 (400 x 600).jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 270
  • at2 (600 x 400).jpg
    at2 (600 x 400).jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
They had some at the Bristol 2009 show. I repeatedly tried to get into the room playing them, but couldn't - just too many people. They had no chance to sound good there - the room was far to small for a big speaker. The bass output on the room entrance was way too high... and they were on the long wall of a rectangular room about 10-12 foot wide.

I also heard some in HK - playing classical music - so I won't comment.

One day, maybe I'll hear a pair in a decent room with some music I like. Until that day...

Adam, where did you hear them, and with what gear?

They had some at the Bristol 2009 show. I repeatedly tried to get into the room playing them, but couldn't - just too many people. They had no chance to sound good there - the room was far to small for a big speaker. The bass output on the room entrance was way too high... and they were on the long wall of a rectangular room about 10-12 foot wide.

I also heard some in HK - playing classical music - so I won't comment.

One day, maybe I'll hear a pair in a decent room with some music I like. Until that day...

Adam, where did you hear them, and with what gear?

I heard them while I was in Sydney over Easter. Always an audio treat in Sydney! They were playing with a Marantz SA7 SACD player and SC7 preamp. No amplifier of course (they are active). Turntable was some SME thing which I'm not sure of the specs. Shame I didn't have my camera!

Ah, one can sure see the advantage of all active speakers when one hears these beuties.

Also, much of the music we hear is monitored/mixed using Adam speakers, as they are pretty popular in the studio's (along with other actives, like Genelecs).

At this price point tough, make sure you also audition Meridian DSP7200's. Those are pretty hard to beat. But the ribbon mid and tweets ont he Adam are sure to give it some advantage.

What an odd coincidence, they just asked us to review some of their speakers on Friday...

Have to get them in if you guys like them this much.

What an odd coincidence, they just asked us to review some of their speakers on Friday...

Have to get them in if you guys like them this much.

YES - please get them in - these are WICKED speakers. What model did they offer for review?

Dunno about the home audio versions, but the pro-audio monitors a pretty spendy at around $800 to $3,000/each:

Yes Jon - I'd really like to hear the pro audio ones, especially now.

ADAM are essentially a pro audio company, but the home audio speakers are a LOT more than the pro ones. But as for the pro speakers, I'm intrigued. Maybe I can get a pair of A5s or A7s for my secondary system to replace my ageing KEFs?

Back