Hey everyone, new ML Monolith III owner

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrWily008

Reaction score
Hey everyone, My name is Ken Bell and I have been lurking these boards for around 3 years...actually I thought I had an account but I guess not. So I am a new member and I figured I would take a minute to introduce myself.

I am co-owner and co-founder of GAME OVER! VIDEO GAMES AND MORE, on paper I am Vice President of Operations. We have turned a big idea into a profitable company and we continue to grow.

I have been an video game nut since 1981 with the Atari 400 Computer System and currently still have ALL of the systems I've ever owned in a video game shrine upstairs. :D I have a XBOX 360, PS3, and Wii hooked up in my living room now shining through my newly acquired Martin Logans.

I have had electrostatic speakers for about 10 years and have always loved listening on my computer. But now I took a huge performance jump forward!

I have been in the market for Martin Logans for around 3 or 4 years, I had recently (after MUCH research) decided to start with a pair of ReQuests. I then remembered seeing a pair of "LARGE" Martin Logans at my local dealer (HOYT Stereo of Jacksonville). So I gave them a ring, can't hurt right? Turns out they are remodeling and need to get rid of them. So 3 days later I am driving home with a pristine pair of Martin Logan Monolith III's and a Logos center channel.

My experience with my set-up has been amazing so far. I am driving the ML's with a 200 WPC @4ohms Emotiva 7 Channel amp. I already started to investigate tweaks by researching JonFo and Cherian's posts. :bowdown:

To see a bit more about my Martin Logan Monolith & Logos system click here!

I am always looking for suggestion and helpful hints. Currently I am in the market for a subwoofer (or 2). Next will be a projector/screen.

Thanks and I look forward to talking with you all!

Last edited:
Hi, and :welcome:

Nice speakers, if I say so myself ;)

Hi from Cocoa Beach

Welcome to the site!

I bet those big panels sound awesome.

Fernandina is a really cool place. I've played a few gigs there. If you get a chance, check out singer Carl Davis and piano player Jim McKaba. They play around there and I've played some cool gigs with them here in Cocoa Beach.

Satch

Welcome to the site!

I bet those big panels sound awesome.

Fernandina is a really cool place. I've played a few gigs there. If you get a chance, check out singer Carl Davis and piano player Jim McKaba. They play around there and I've played some cool gigs with them here in Cocoa Beach.

Satch

Thanks man! Yeah I will check them out, what sort of gigs have you played here? What style of music do you play?

Hey Doc,

I can't remember the names of the clubs I played there offhand. One bar might have been a house at one point. There was a house next door and the people that live there were hanging out on the front porch digging on the music. Reminded me of Key West. Used to play the Green Parrot a lot. The other place was across A1A on the beach. I was playing with the Josh Miller Blues Revue. Josh plays with a lot of different musicians and that's how I got to play with Carl Davis and Jim McKaba. Jim has a really cool jazz/blues band with a horn section called After Hours. Kind of a Ray Charles groove.

After playing electric bass for about 30 years I started playing the acoustic upright bass. That is my main focus right now. well... other than my stereo system... ha, ha...

Satch

Hey Doc,

I can't remember the names of the clubs I played there offhand. One bar might have been a house at one point. There was a house next door and the people that live there were hanging out on the front porch digging on the music. Reminded me of Key West. Used to play the Green Parrot a lot. The other place was across A1A on the beach. I was playing with the Josh Miller Blues Revue. Josh plays with a lot of different musicians and that's how I got to play with Carl Davis and Jim McKaba. Jim has a really cool jazz/blues band with a horn section called After Hours. Kind of a Ray Charles groove.

After playing electric bass for about 30 years I started playing the acoustic upright bass. That is my main focus right now. well... other than my stereo system... ha, ha...

Satch

Sounds awesome, that is my kind of music! I listen to all types, but gravitate towards Jazz/Blue as I find my music taste maturing.

It sounds like you played at "The Florida House", it is situated on a corner lot with lots of victorian style houses surrounding it. I've eaten/drank there, but never got to see a concert unfortunately.

Good luck on the upright bass, one of my employees is trying different instruments and is about to buy one himself.

-Ken

Latest posts

Back