Any good concerts out on Blu-Ray?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tube60

Reaction score
Now that I'm on the hi-def bandwagon, I'd like to know what's good out there for concerts! I'm fairly wide-ranging as far as my tastes in music is concerned. I avoid teen-pop and rap like the plague. Currently I have Sarah McLachlan's Afterglow: Live and Norah Jones and the Handsome Band 2004 on DVD. Wonderful works both by the way!:D

I have AC/DC live at Donnington. Dave Gilmore's Remember The Night is apparently pretty good too.

You have to get Dave Mathews/Tim Reynolds @ Radio City ...... the production is excellent - the sound is fantastic - and I happen to love the music....

1) David Gilmour live at the Royal Albert Hall is very good. Same one Rich has on his list.

2) Chris Botti Live

Last edited:
Here are some that haven't been mentioned yet that I think are quite good.

• Santana -- Hymns for Peace Live at Montreux
  • ZZ Top LIve from Texas
  • Moody Blues -- Lovely to See You
  • Yes Live at Montreux
  • Legends of Jazz with Ramsey Lewis

Toto

Toto Live in Amsterdam... Love this one!! (thanks Taylode!)
Tom,
Are u a Toto fan? I saw this group twice in Chicago last year at the House of Blues. Once with Mike Pocaro playing bass with a obvious thumb injury on both hands. The second time with the legendary leland Skylar on the bass. What a incredible group of musicians!!! I have live in Amsterdam but I don't have a blu-ray player yet.............soon.

Doug - out

Tom,
Are u a Toto fan? I saw this group twice in Chicago last year at the House of Blues. Once with Mike Pocaro playing bass with a obvious thumb injury on both hands. The second time with the legendary leland Skylar on the bass. What a incredible group of musicians!!! I have live in Amsterdam but I don't have a blu-ray player yet.............soon.

Doug - out

Yep.. I have almost all of their stuff.. Their earlier work is better, IMHO, but there are some gems in their later work too. The disc has some good "bonus" material also.... tour diaries, etc.

Chris Botti Live
Saturday night I picked up Botti's In Boston at Barnes & Noble on sale. I might watch it tonight if I have time.
I also picked up Nat Geo's Journey To The Edge Of The Universe which should be interesting. Not concert related of course!
I wonder if any of the Lincoln Center jazz concerts are out on BD? I didn't see any, and I haven't yet looked online.:band:

Saturday night I picked up Botti's In Boston at Barnes & Noble on sale. I might watch it tonight if I have time.
I also picked up Nat Geo's Journey To The Edge Of The Universe which should be interesting. Not concert related of course!
I wonder if any of the Lincoln Center jazz concerts are out on BD? I didn't see any, and I haven't yet looked online.:band:

Actually DID see Chris Botti live - about the 7th row or so when he played a double billing with Diana Krall.... A fantastic show to say the least. He was great and really seemed to enjoy his band.

Ok, here we go:
Justin Timberlake - Future Sex Love Show (Good music cor the most part, great looking dancers, and crystal clear audio)
The Cure - Trilogy (phenomenal if you like the Cure)

Stevie Wonder: Live at Last

4104Vg9s54L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I cannot recommend this disc highly enough. Energy is off the charts, and relentless. Musicianship is first-rate.

Stevie even plays/sings music from Miles Davis, The Beatles, and Chick Corea.

Here's the product description from amazon.com:

This is Stevie's first EVER official DVD release!! Filmed at the O2 Arena, London, UK on September 30th and October 1st 2008 in front of 15,000 people, this show was part of the A Wonder Summer Nights Tour which visited the US, Europe and the UK as well as Australia and New Zealand.
1. Intro / All Blues 2. As If You Read My Mind 3. Master Blaster (Jammin') 4. Did I Hear You Say You Love Me 5. All I Do 6. Knocks Me Off My Feet 7. Uk Medley* 8. Higher Ground 9. Spain 10. Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing 11. Visions 12. Living For The City 13. Part-Time Lover 14. Overjoyed 15. Lately 16. I'm Gonna Laugh You Right Out Of My Life 17. My Cherie Amour 18. Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours) 19. Sir Duke 20. I Wish 21. Isn't She Lovely 22. You Are The Sunshine Of My Life 23. I Just Called To Say I Love You 24. You Are The Only One (Snippet) 25. Superstition 26. So What The Fuss 27. As

*UK MEDLEY TRACKS ARE London Bridge Is Falling Down (Traditional) * Fool On The Hill (The Beatles) * I Wanna Hold Your Hand (The Beatles) * I Can't Get No Satisfaction (Rolling Stones) * That's What Makes The World Go Around (The Sword In The Stone - Disney)

I watched/listened to Botti last night. Great stuff! I'll try the Dave Matthews disc next paycheck, and keep an eye out for some classical and more jazz!:music:

I watched/listened to Botti last night. Great stuff! I'll try the Dave Matthews disc next paycheck, and keep an eye out for some classical and more jazz!:music:

This is an all acoustic set with Tim Reynolds.... If you haven't heard him with Tim Reynolds - you have to.....

Back