Possible room change

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobF

Reaction score
Hello all,

Looking for opinions.
Right now I have my Prodigies in a room that is 13'-2" by 16'-1" with a 7'-4" ceiling(old house).
I added a room on the house that is 12'-8" by 14'-8" but has 8' side walls and then goes to 45 degrees to a 12' ceiling.
The angled ceilings on three sides is bead board to a flat top with bead board and one wall goes straight up to the full height.
This room has 6 windows that are 4'x4' but that can be treated by various means.
The room I am in now does work quite well considering the size but the wife may want this room as the den.
The existing room has a throw rug with a horse hair backer that covers a good part of the existing room floor.
What are your thoughts to going to the slightly smaller room with the much taller ceiling vs. the existing room?
I ask as I would prefer opinions first before this undertaking as it will take some work but i can do this as I am a carpenter by trade.

Thanks very much for any input.

Bob

I would stay in the larger room that you are now in and try and convince your wife to have the den in the smaller room. I would think that would be a nice den with all the windows. I think the smaller room wouldn't be well suited to the prodigy's.

You are looking at giving up 17" of length to the room. The width is really a wash. Higher ceilings are probably better. If changing rooms will make her happy and allow you to add the acoustic treatments necessary to dampen the room I would say go for it. It is always to a good thing to try to make wives happy when ever possible.

Thank you gentlemen for the replys.

She is not pushing really as I have had this room for probably close to 10 years but offered the other room.
I wanted opinions to see if the option would be an improvement and the opportunity was there.

My Best,
Bob

Back