I'm old but new here

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

repman

Reaction score
Hi my name is Larry and i have been viewing the website for about a year, but never offically joined until a few days ago.

I own an old pair of Sequel II's which I love

I am a huge fan of electrostats and am happy to be a member here

Larry:D

Larry, welcome to our world of "Stats" !!

Thanks for the welcome Dave and Tom,

Looking forward to joining in on the fun !!!!!!

I'm just finishing up a room in the basement to house the panels, nice to finally get the man cave done.

I will post up my system when it is all completed 2-3 weeks

Larry

Larry,

:welcome:

I envy the "man Cave" construction. I plan to do the same thing, but the current economy has it on hold.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of yours when it's done though. Tell us more about your system, musical tastes etc.

Tim and Steve , thanks for the welcome.

Tim you asked about my taste in music and about my system

I'm a huge Van Morrison fan:bowdown: I also am in to 60's and 70's rock , Mowtown, Real Jazz> Miles, Coltrane, ect not the muzak versions of jazz.
some classical, pretty wide pallette really

I am almost ashamed to mention my meager system some of the guys on here have spent more on their innteconnects, speaker wire and power cords than I have in my whole system but here goes

Sequel II's driven by a biamped Sunfire 5 channel amp> 200 watts to each panel and 200 watts to each woofer

Parasound preamp, although I am looking for a tube preamp ( CJ or similar )
what do you guys recommend that would be a good match with the sunfire amp???

I am also running a SVS 40inch cyndrical sub good to 17HZ

pretty basic equipment compared to the uber systems I have looked at on these forums

for my home theater I run a complete NHT VT-2 tower system with an MK sub
also thru a sunfire 5 channel amp and a Pioneer Elite VSX-94TXH as a peamp /processor.

I will post up a picture when i have it all set up in the new Room in a few weeks

Larry

Last edited:
Hi Larry, and welcome to our little club.

Glad to see one more GA member.

You actually have a nice system, Sunfires and Sequels go well together. I've had that combo for over 15 years now (with a few additions).

Look forward to following the progress of the new 'man-cave' ;)

Cheers,

Thanks for the welcome Jonathan,

Im not to far from you I live in Kennesaw ,your just up 575 20 or 25 miles correct?

I have been in awe of your system and the knowledge you have of electronics and room acoustics your sound/media room looks fantastic and I bet the sound is incredible.

maybe I can have you down to the man cave when its done and you can give me some tips on how to set up the room and what type of room treatments to do if your game

larry

I am almost ashamed to mention my meager system some of the guys on here have spent more on their innteconnects, speaker wire and power cords than I have in my whole system. Larry

Larry,

"no shame...no flame"

Around here we all appreciate each others rigs regardless of $$ spent, it's a passion that we share and love to talk about and learn / help one another.

Enthusiasm is #1 in my book !!

I am almost ashamed to mention my meager system some of the guys on here have spent more on their interconnects, speaker wire and power cords than I have in my whole system
If you can sit down and enjoy the music, that is what it is all about. Not what others own or think you should own. I have friends with department store rack systems and they love it. We all started at some point with our rigs, enjoy it.

Larry,

"no shame...no flame"

Around here we all appreciate each others rigs regardless of $$ spent, it's a passion that we share and love to talk about and learn / help one another.

Enthusiasm is #1 in my book !!

thanks Dave nice to know we dont have a bunch of equipment snobs here!

I love my system and enjoy listening to it every day that Im home

Larry

If you can sit down and enjoy the music, that is what it is all about. Not what others own or think you should own. I have friends with department store rack systems and they love it. We all started at some point with our rigs, enjoy it.

Thanks D, I feel welcome here.

Its not the newest or best equipment but it always makes me smile when I listen.

Larry

Its not the newest or best equipment but it always makes me smile when I listen.

That's all that matters. We're all on a journey. My system evolves from time to time. I listen to music and enjoy it pretty much every day though!

Thanks for the welcome Jonathan,

Im not to far from you I live in Kennesaw ,your just up 575 20 or 25 miles correct?

I have been in awe of your system and the knowledge you have of electronics and room acoustics your sound/media room looks fantastic and I bet the sound is incredible.

maybe I can have you down to the man cave when its done and you can give me some tips on how to set up the room and what type of room treatments to do if your game

larry

Hi Larry, more like 30 miles, but just up the road in Atlanta terms :p

We'll have to give you a demo one of these days, I've been trying to organize a spring get-together, but peoples schedules are all over the place.

Happy to help with input on your system setup.

Cheers,

Hi Larry, more like 30 miles, but just up the road in Atlanta terms :p

We'll have to give you a demo one of these days, I've been trying to organize a spring get-together, but peoples schedules are all over the place.

Happy to help with input on your system setup.

Cheers,

Jonathan anytime your ready I am

I have a friend that would love to hear your system as well

he is into panels he was one of the first stores to bring Soundlab into Atlanta back in the day.

He no longer has his store but he actually turned me on to eloctrostats

I had a pair of Carver amazing loudspeakers back in the day and loved the sound but they were huge and not very house friendly so I had some knowledge of panel speakers but had not heard ML in a long time.

Last year he and I stumbled into an old stereo store in Marietta to go hear the Tannoys and the owner Pete had just gotten the Sequels on trade and after hearing the ML and The Tannoys side by side I bought the ML for a fraction of the price of the Tannoys and its been a sweet romance ever since.

Larry

Back