Save the World Listen in the Dark

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenscollick

Reaction score
:ROFL:
How much longer would the world last if we were not using speakers that plug in?

At 8:25 I will freshen my Gin & Tonic so I dont risk tripping over the cat in the dark.

Earth Hour
March 28, 2009 8:30 – 9:30 pm
A global event created to symbolize that each one of us, working together, can make a positive impact on climate change

March 28, 2009 at 8:30 pm tens of millions of people in hundreds of cities around the world will come together once again to make a bold statement about their concern about climate change by doing something quite simple—turning off their lights for one hour. Earth Hour symbolizes that by working together, each of us can make a positive impact in the fight against climate change. Here in the U.S., it sends a message that Americans care about this issue and stand with the rest of the world in seeking to find solutions to the escalating climate crisis.

O hell...it's five o'clock somewhere.....Ken I'll go along with the Gin part, but I'm not spoiling mine with tonic ! A 'dusty dry' Martini will be in order in about another 2 1/2 hrs !!

:ROFL:
At 8:25 I will freshen my Gin & Tonic so I dont risk tripping over the cat in the dark.
Does that mean your night vision is enhanced? Is it the quinine in the tonic?:rolleyes::ROFL:
I wonder what the net effect will be after the power that has been shut down has been restored. How many devices on the grid have a huge inrush current on startup, and how much will those devices firing back up cancel any benefit to the "statement against climate change"? Would that be like slaughtering more pigs to reduce beef consumption?:confused::ROFL:

Be careful Ken, I grew up in Michigan north of Detroit and my wife in the city. When we lived there if you turned out your lights for an hour when they come back on your house may be empty. :ROFL:

Hey guys - post #2 - you really want to watch it. Actually, you need to watch it.

It's quite long, but it is excellent.

And it should make you all realise the possibility - very strong possibility - that you are being completely lied to about climate change.

Is Al Gore a fibber? Go watch and make your own conclusions.

Paranoid conspiracy theory? This all looks pretty factual to me...

Thanks Brad but I have lived in Michigan for 57 years 20 in Detroit 25 in a GM plant in Detroit. anyone want to get my Logans they have to get past my cat nonek, nobody has made it yet.

Attachments

• 001picsva8.jpg
    001picsva8.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 100
Thanks Brad but I have lived in Michigan for 57 years 20 in Detroit 25 in a GM plant in Detroit. anyone want to get my Logans they have to get past my cat nonek, nobody has made it yet.

are you kidding me! that cat looks like it could guard the gates of hell lol.

I seriously think mankind has bigger things to worry than the weather such as disease,war,and just our inherent ability to destroy ourselves. the world will survive us but will we survive ourselves? I think the very idea of global warming could give us a look at how self centered society has become

yes we need not be reckless but lets focus our energy on more fruit full endeavors

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree Fish Man. But for my part I'm just gonna steer way clear of that cat! :eek: I kinda got the heebie jeebies when I saw that picture!

Excellent video. I've been having serious doubts about global warming for a while, but this video really opened my eyes and got me thinking.
I drive a 4 cylinder car and have florescent lights throughout my house, but because I like clean air and water not because I'm afraid I'll melt the polar ice caps.

OK - very slowly now - just because it is on the telly does not mean it is true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Global_Warming_Swindle

I am not pretending for a second that there is not conflicting data sets but to rely on this propoganda is a little foolish.

Incidentally a prize to the first person who can find me a credibly peer reviewed publication by Ball in an established scientific journal other than his PhD.

Kevin (leaning to the probably true and we have to get off the fossil fuels fix anyway)

As stated by the documentary, the support for climate change has become a massive industry with massive political and financial support.

Therefore, how could this "truth telling" documentary ever be accepted?

Personally, I think solar activity is a far more likely explanation than CO2. There's a lot of energy that comes out of that there sun... and any smallish changes in output will be felt by us and the planet. The CO2 levels (0.05%), and the relatively low levels humans produce just doesn't seem at all plausible as the cause to my mind. Look at it from the "high level" i.e. take a step back and use your intuition. Go out on a hot day - and feel the effect of the sun.

Anyway, we do seem to be running out of fossil fuels, so searching for alternative sources probably isn't going to hurt too much.

But the whole movement has got a bit out of hand, IMHO, with it being used as an excuse for all sorts of policies that aren't quite so clever... like 3rd world country development - or more accurately - repression!

While the US was slow to sign up to it all, I believe that after a while they saw "political advantage" in it... and eventually did so. I mean, who cares if it's true or not?:D

Note: that's just an opinion I have come too. I am sure plenty will disagree. And I could be wrong. So take it easy...:)

Last edited:

Nonek indeed! Truly "pet"rifying:D... my cat has pulled back his punches and is running the other way!

What level of proof would the climate sceptics like? The climate sceptic position is very similar to the position of the tobacco companies with respect to lung cancer.

How much evidence do they need?

No surprise that the politicians have climbed on a populist band wagon but that does not make the fundamental point of the documentary correct - that climate change associated with human activity is a hoax.

Personally I find earth hour a ridiculous concept. Getting out of the car and walking/utilising public transport if available is infinitely more sensible at a personal level.

Kevin

their is no black and white with this situation we obviously make some impact on our planet the question is how much?

Back