PS Audio Noise Harvester...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowGEEZR

Reaction score
Just thought I'd report an interesting observance on the Noise Harvester I won from the PS Audio raffle. This is the device that PS Audio says dissipates AC line noise into a light. I have mine plugged into the upper receptacle of one of my 20 amp lines and have a Monster HTS 5100 MK II plugged into the lower receptacle. Normally, I seldom see the light blink on the Harvester, but today, while listening to "Hope", by Hugh Masekela, I noticed that the light was blinking. As the side finished, I listened for any device that may be generating any noise into the line. I heard a faint sound from outside and noticed that my across the street neighbor was using an electric lawn edger and the light from the Harvester was corresponding to the use of the lawn edger! Whenever the edger wasn't in use, no light. When in use, there was the flashing light.

How do you find the sound of this thing anyway? I've recently added a Shunyata Hydra and the difference is very worthwile!

I have two dedicated lines in my stereo room and have Harvesters plugged into the top receptacle of both. Mine blink all the time-so much so that I have put tape over the lights on both of them because they are so annoying! I added the Harvesters after I bought a Hydra 8 for my front end and a Hydra 2 for my Rowland 8T amp and my Summits. When I remove the Harvesters I really can't hear a difference. When I remove either Shunyata the soundstage shrinks and the noise floor rises. The music sounds more forced and less like real sounds occuring in a space. I leave the Harvesters in because they do not seem to worsen the sound in any way and my hearing may not be good enough to tell the difference. No way do they make nearly the difference that the Shunyatas do. Nor do they make as much difference as adding in Shunyata power cords, which have improved the sound incrementally as I have been able to afford to add them. At this point I have Pythons on everything but the Summits (on which I have ESP Essence). When I can afford them I will get Pythons for the Summits as well. I use audioprism quiet lines in all the non dedicated outlets in my stereo room but honestly I can't say they make much difference either. I do not think there is a cheap alternative to good power conditioners.

How do you find the sound of this thing anyway? I've recently added a Shunyata Hydra and the difference is very worthwile!

I think this thing just removes some line noise. It rarely comes on, which is why I noticed the light today. I'm assuming I have relatively clean power coming to my house, but it is nice to know that this device does actually do something. I haven't done an A/B comparison with it in or out, but I'm leaving it in.

Back