MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvivit

Reaction score
Hi I am a new member to the forum but a long time owner of a pair of Aerius speakers(circa 1993). These were bought with a pair of VTL(Manley) Compact 160's mono blocks with KT90 tubes(switchable 110Watts Triode into 5ohm Load or Tetrode 180Watts into 5ohm load, so the specs say!), I was using a New York Audio Labs Minuet in A as my preamp, but the the amp/speaker setup is now the main speaker configuration of my surround system. I am currently using a Yamaha RX-W2095 as my PreAmp/Router in my system. Spica TC50's in the rear. Energy Connoisseur AC300 Center Channel & Energy ES-12XL Sub.

1. The reason I joined this forum was to get advice on how to repair the 8" woofer in my Aerius. I was trying to get the front screen off without brute force, but something is binding it. Anybody out there that can help?

2. There are no specs on the woofer other than it is 40-2000hz +/-3%. I take it is a 4ohm speaker rated at 200watts RMS. I was thinking of trying other drivers out before getting another ML made (?) driver. There are no markings on the woofer.

*Ask me how I been living with this?[/COLOR] Well the placement of the speaker is right next to the subwoofer and the center is set as a large speaker, so is there is some compensation for the hole plus the mid/upper bass of the good speaker is still there. The mid/upper bass is just does not have the same punch in the gut. That's not a real good explanation but I guess when it boils down to it I was trying figure out whether it made sense to try a cheaper solution.

martin logan wash

HI.I found on google these :Martin Logan Quest Stator Panel Shower Washing.It's in pdf format and it show you how to open an ML (a little bit diferent,but the front is the same,I think).I hope it can help you.I have a question too.I saw you are the owner of a ML Aerius.Can you tell me ,if you put or not the power cord on the wall in a.c.power current,you hear the same sound.With or whitout alimentation with power current my MLAerius works the same,same sound same power of music.Please excuse my english.Best regards,OVIDIU

Last edited:
Back