GIK Acoustics Art panels

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually think, with us putting our own photos of our daughter on these, that my wife would not only accept them but really, really like them.

I actually think, with us putting our own photos of our daughter on these, that my wife would not only accept them but really, really like them.

Couldnt agree more! I am going the same route. That said, the GIK web site says that the Art panels are not available for the Bass Traps. I am convinced that I am going to put Bass Traps everywhere as against regular acoustic panels since Ive heard a lot of experts say you cant have enough Bass trapping. Has anyone checked wih GIK whether they will put Srt prints on the Bass traps as well?

if not, I found this site (http://www.dpi-sf.com/fabric_printing.htm). I spoke to these guys. For $8 per square foot, they will print ANY print on speaker cloth, acoustically transparent cloth to cover the panels and make them art panels.
I am thinking of taking some dark, family photos, diffusing them to make them abstract and printing those on the panels. or maybe a jackson Pollack/Kandinsky print

thanks
adanny

Couldnt agree more! I am going the same route. That said, the GIK web site says that the Art panels are not available for the Bass Traps. I am convinced that I am going to put Bass Traps everywhere as against regular acoustic panels since Ive heard a lot of experts say you cant have enough Bass trapping. Has anyone checked wih GIK whether they will put Srt prints on the Bass traps as well?

if not, I found this site (http://www.dpi-sf.com/fabric_printing.htm). I spoke to these guys. For $8 per square foot, they will print ANY print on speaker cloth, acoustically transparent cloth to cover the panels and make them art panels.
I am thinking of taking some dark, family photos, diffusing them to make them abstract and printing those on the panels. or maybe a jackson Pollack/Kandinsky print

thanks
adanny

these Gik panels sure are pretty nifty! This will solve alot of people's problems with the infamous WIF around here! I may have to order some of those in the future

I am convinced that I am going to put Bass Traps everywhere as against regular acoustic panels since Ive heard a lot of experts say you cant have enough Bass trapping.

While I agree that you cannot have too much bass trapping (when done properly), it doesn't follow that it is a good idea to use bass traps everywhere instead of other types of acoustic panels. Each is made for a specific purpose and may be detrimental when used for other purposes. For instance, most bass traps are highly reflective in the higher frequencies and would be awful to use as your first reflection point absorption panel for sidewall reflections.

While I agree that you cannot have too much bass trapping (when done properly), it doesn't follow that it is a good idea to use bass traps everywhere instead of other types of acoustic panels. Each is made for a specific purpose and may be detrimental when used for other purposes. For instance, most bass traps are highly reflective in the higher frequencies and would be awful to use as your first reflection point absorption panel for sidewall reflections.
exactly! i want to eventually swap out a few of my HF panels with some of these with my concert shots as the art. some of my stage wide shots are perfect for a large panel or 2.

Back