System #296 (Summit)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markoullini

Reaction score
Member Name: Markos

ML Model(s): Summit

Year purchased: 2009 (MY 2007)

Mods/Changes: Nope

Associated Electronics: Primare CD31, Nuforce P-9, Nuforce Reference 9 V2SE. Cables: van den Hul CS 122, van den Hul mc ft interconnect

My first hi-fi system.. doesnt sound too bad :D
Only problem is the room acoustics, too much volume, many bare hard surfaces. Also need to set up the speaker placement based on the manual. Will overhaul the room in the near future & include power conditioning. Followup pictures will be posted.

Attachments

• SP_A0952.jpg
    SP_A0952.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 903
Welcome aboard the Members System section Markos.

I see what you mean about all the hard surfaces! that could be an acoustic challenge to be sure. You've got some great equipment for your first Hi-Fi, if you spend some time working on the room I'll bet you'll be in musical heaven before you know it.

Tell us more about your musical tastes.

Yes - that room does look like it'll ring like a bell. Any effort you put into acoustics will be handsomely rewarded, I think......My first move would be more carpet - ie. a larger rug.

Welcome to the fold. Given the fact that you realize the challenges ahead of you with placement and acoustical treatments, as you progress you will be rewarded with better sound as each step is taken !

Search some of the acoustical writeups here on the forum, we are blesed with several very savy members in the area of room treatments !

Thanks.. the room isnt as bad as it looks, actually..i dont want just to slap a carpet as an afterthought. Im waiting to plan everything for the treatment, just like the system deserves.

As far as musical tastes go. .I'm an electronica guy but on the Summits, u can listen to pretty much anything properly recorded along with a big smile that u find yourself unable to write off..
but the best that makes the speakers "breathe", apart from jazz, as far as I've heard is greek instrumental music. For those unfamiliar..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyIneXZHu48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wcuqRtqwpk

Not sure about forum policy but I could post some hi-bitrate torrents that sound pretty alrite for those who like.. I suppose pm works just as well :D

Welcome! Nice set-up!

I see some acoustical room treatments in your near future, if you're not into DIY treatments check out ATS, GIK, or ASC, they will make a world of difference!

Welcome Markos! i was going to tell you about the forum but i totally forgot :p nice to see the Cyprus martin Logan community growing up

for the glass doors you can't do anything apart from closing the drapes, that would help

Back