Anyone with a ML home theater near Spokane WA?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akm3

Reaction score
I've owned Martin Logan Aerius and Vistas before, but never got to put a full 3.1 or 5.1 (or 7.1) ML setup together. I would be very, very appreciative if anyone anywhere near Spokane, WA who has done this would be willing to show off their system to me! I'd love to hear how it sounds and what you've done to deal with the unique ML challenges.

I keep flirting with the idea, and if I go for it, this time, I'm doing it RIGHT. Full blown 7.1 all ML setup. But before I invest the multi-thousands of dollars, I want to hear it done properly first :)

make the trip to Big Canoe Ga and hear JonFo's system you'll be astounded!!!

I've owned Martin Logan Aerius and Vistas before, but never got to put a full 3.1 or 5.1 (or 7.1) ML setup together. I would be very, very appreciative if anyone anywhere near Spokane, WA who has done this would be willing to show off their system to me! I'd love to hear how it sounds and what you've done to deal with the unique ML challenges.

I keep flirting with the idea, and if I go for it, this time, I'm doing it RIGHT. Full blown 7.1 all ML setup. But before I invest the multi-thousands of dollars, I want to hear it done properly first :)

I have only heard a full ML surround set up once (at Dan's house) and it sound amazing.

A few things to ask, or keep in mind...

Are you planning on using the ML set up for 5.1 music, say from SACD, or just movies? If you are primarily going to watch movies, I don't know if I would make a huge investment for an all-ML surround set up - sure definitely consider ML for the main and center (even sub if you want) but you may not need large ML speakers (electrostats) for the rear channel.

Dan's set up does sound wonderful. It seems to get better each time I visit, but keep in mind he does all of the little things - proper bass management, room treatments, top flight cables and electronics, etc. At one point he was using 2 subs for the surround system (not sure if that's the case now).

IMO home theater is all about playing the action sequences loud enough to it feels like you are there when the bullets and choppers are whizzing by. So you need the amps and subs capable of playing at loud enough SPL to meet your needs, but not rattle the speakers to pieces.

If you are going to play multichannel surround (for music) by all means consider ML for the speakers all the way around, but be sure to consider a good processor too.

Erik

Unfortunately I am no where near you.

But I do have 3 full blown ML multi-channel systems.

One is a 5.1 Music only CLX, Vista, Logos and Descent i, then I have a full 7.2 HT with Stylos (4) Fresco i, Stage, and 2 subs and then I have a 7.1 HT in the master bedroom, with four Vignettes, an encore for center channel and sub and 2 passages inwall.

For my money ML surround systems are the best by far. You don't listen to music or watch movies, you experience them.

Back