Signal Cable Ultra vs Silver speaker cables

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a reasonable proposition to me. I'll be interested in hearing about your results.

Sounds like a reasonable proposition to me. I'll be interested in hearing about your results.

Actually, I sent back the Ultras (copper) and ordered a pair of the Analog Two and Silver Resolution interconnects both with the Eichmann copper and silver bullets, respectively.

I did an experiment and switched out my silver Promitheus Audio interconnects between the TVC (passive preamp) with the Harmonic Tech Truthlink (copper wire). It sounded fuller, but it lost the effortlessness of the silver PA interconnects. The sound was more forward in the midbass and midrange, and the treble had kind of a ringing to it. It was also not as extended as the silver PA interconnects. It can also give me a headache upon extended listening. Anyways, I am hoping to mix and match the Signal Cable interconnects to get some warmth without losing the effortlessnes and extension I get with all silver wire in my system. I put the silver PA interconnect back in the system and the "ahhh..." factor came back. :music:

I am discovering that one of the blessings and curses of the Martin Logan is that they are extremely sensitive to upstream cables and components, but I predict the rewards are worth working for!

Hi Crusty, I realize it has been almost six years since your last post regarding this matter. I want to upgrade my cables for my Theos and am wondering if your use of the Ultras for the bass and Silver for the ESL provided the best possible sound. I will apreciate any other hints you may provide.

Not to disagree with any of the above comments but there are simply too many "upstream" factors that ultimately impact what you hear from your speakers. Cables are only one component that impact the "final" sound.

IMHO, my recent experience with the Pass Labs X350.5 amp audition underscores the variability of system "synergy".

FWIW, I have DH Labs silver IC's and copper speaker wire.

GG

Last edited:
Back