Plinius 8200 mkii, anyone have experience with one?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolcobramatt

Reaction score
Just picked up a Plinius integrated, 8200 mkii off Agon, and now turning to the ML speaker search. Wondering if anyone has any real time experience with this amp, and if they have matched it up with Martin Logans.

I'm considering another pair of Aeon i's or maybe some Ascents or newer Sources. I am still keeping an eye out for ReQuests, but since they are so darn big, they have to be fairly local so I can pick them up on the spot.

I've had a Krell 400xi (didn't care for the sound but it sure looked good :ROFL:), a Musical Fidelity A300 (loved that one) and a MF A 3.5 (not quite as musical as the A300).

Yes I am kinda an integrated amp type of guy.

Hi cool,

Never heard but based on reviews I've read in TAS and their rating the product as one of the best integrateds out there, I trust you will be quite happy with the results. And frankly, I'd buy one if I were in the market for an integrated without an audition.

The Plinius, I believe, does double output into 4 ohms, which is a critical design element needed to power ML's. It is also extremely well built and the company has a great reputation for building high quality products.

Please keep us advised as to your impressions once you have everything hooked up.

GG

Like Gordon I can't comment on the integrated, but if it follows in the footprint of their seperates it should be stellar !

Thanks so far. I am (obviously) building my home audio system again, now turning to which model MLs to match with the Plinius.

I am trying to which decide ML under $2k might be the right choice.

Back