MD/DC/NVA/? Regional Meet and Greet

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon

Reaction score
OK guys, I'm going to give this a try. I'm not a community organizer but I did stay in a Holiday Inn once!

If there is interest, I'd like to set up a possible meet and greet for the local ML owners. Maryland, DC, NorVA and surrounding areas are free to reply. I was thinking perhaps a restaurant somewhere in the vicinity of the 301/50 intersection.

There probably won't be a chance for listening to music this first attempt unless someone wants to open their home.

Post here if interested and I'll take if from there.

I'm looking forward to meeting other ML owners.

Gordon

There probably won't be a chance for listening to music this first attempt unless someone wants to open their home.
I had one almost two years ago now at my home. I have been waiting for Jeff Z. to come into town again for the next one. But if this does not look like he will make it, I might just have one in the spring at the home.

Oh I see it is one of those guilty things to get my a$$ to the east coast.
Of course we won't discuss the fact you are coming this way but forgot I live out here.
LOL:D

Hopefully soon I wil make back out there

Jeff:cool:

Oh I see it is one of those guilty things to get my a$$ to the east coast.
Of course we won't discuss the fact you are coming this way but forgot I live out here.
LOL:D

Hopefully soon I wil make back out there

Jeff:cool:

Hmmmmm, I do remember a phone conversation sometime early LAST year Jeff when you said you planned on being here mid year....2008, 2009, 2010...... ?? LOL, just busting your chops !!

Meet 'N Greet is a great idea!!

Also - Dan's party a few years ago was lots of fun and his system has undergone numerous changes since then.

I live right near Annapolis by the way.

Erik

I live right near Annapolis by the way.
Erik

Erik,

my motorized two wheeled buds and I are planning a road trip to Annapolis this Spring. I'll let you know when it is in anticipation of meeting up one nite for dinner.

With regards to a 'Mid-Atlantic' "Get Together" I would throw my hat in as well depending on location.

One thought I had was, would it be feasable to have a progressive visit so to speak whereby two or three members systems could be auditioned in a given day ? Don't know if any of us would live in a close enough proximetry to pull this of though.

FWIW, I'm in SE Pa...40 mile west of Philly. As Dan and Erik know my room is based around a 'one person' sweet spot.... but I'm sure our mothers taught us all how to share !

Last edited:
Another thought............. if Overture (Audio salon in Wilmington, De) ever gets off their duff and has a 'Logan Weekend' like Terry told me he was going to do once the CLX came out that would be a natural.

I'll make a point to stop in their this week and get the latest.

As Dan and Erik know my room is based around a 'one person' sweet spot.... but I'm sure our mothers taught us all how to share !
Like I have stated before, I like my setup and if attendees like or hate it is not an issue for me. My setup, like Dave's, is for MY SEAT in the room - or a single seat nirvana. So when a group of folks come over, the "other" seats are not optimal. But when your music is playing, you get to sit in "Dan-Man's" seat :D

The get-together stuff for me is more the chance to hear different music rather than equipment comparisons or system evaluations. If time permits it is always nice to discuss some audio stuff too, but most of the time these are: arrive, stuff face with food, listen to tunes, time to leave for "honey-doo's" or other schedules to be met.

Another thought............. if Overture (Audio salon in Wilmington, De) ever gets off their duff and has a 'Logan Weekend' like Terry told me he was going to do once the CLX came out that would be a natural.

I'll make a point to stop in their this week and get the latest.

Check out my Poll and see if you're interested ??? as wecould have own 'Get Togther' around that date if it works out.

Dave -

Any more news with respect to Overture?

If not - would you be interested in maybe meeting Dan and/or me up there one random summer saturday or something?

Erik

Last edited:
Dave -

Any more news with respect to Overture?

If not - would you be interested in maybe meeting Dave and/or me up there one random summer saturday or something?

Erik

Erik,

I should know something from Terry next week. I'll let all know then, if there is not a "M/L weekendz" then yes a gathering on our own with possible side trip to my place might just be in order !

Back