Possible CLS tweak?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrlowry

Reaction score
Hello all-

I've owned a pair of the Original CLS speakers for about 7 years now. Recently I've been doing a lot of tweaking to the rest of my system. Now it's the the speakers turn.

I've already replaced the power cords with Audioquest AC15 and done the Martin Logan ETC spikes. Both very effective.

The next move that I'm considering is taking apart the transformer housing on the back of the speaker and to dampen them. I was thinking of using Neoprene washers between the top plate and the rest of the housing and also some other type of dampening material on the inside of the top cover.

Has anyone here done something similar? If so what were their thoughts and do they have any suggestions on how to proceed.

I just want to make sure the the resonance wasn't tuned as part of the original design and by changing it I'm going to negatively impact the sound.

Last edited:
Mr Lowry,

Welcome

Check the Tweaks and DIY sections and you'll find numerous tweaks and projects members have done with their CLS. The cheapest, (it cost me $2.65), I got from this site was putting a paving stone on each of the electronics boxes, it helps stablize the speaker and helps control panel sway.

I don't think isolating and damping the box will effect the sound negatively, many of us have our boxes not even attached to the panels.

I'm sure the other CLS owners will chime in about the benefits of raising the panels off the floor 6 to 8 inches, I'm one of those believers.

Last edited:
Look at my stands and the design. Its isolated with Neopreene washers. You want the best mod for a CLS . GET THEM ON STANDS !

Back