Would you buy Summit X leg/spike assembly if available?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy the new Summit X leg/spikes if retro-fittable to the original Summit?

• Total voters
If anybody else is planning on ordering these, HOLD OFF! There's apparently some confusion at ML, and they're sending the WRONG product. I just received my order, but it was a shipment of basic 3/8" threaded spikes, NOT the full Summit X Leg/Spike assembly. I spoke with Brian in sales, and he said he'd look into it and f/u with me Monday.

Same thing happed here. I had to order the rest and much to my dismay the price escalated considerably, AND I had to pay shipping a second time! I feel I got "waltzed into a corner", by Brian, not intentionally but mistakenly. The price has gotten to the point at which there are other options that everyone should consider. There isn't any real "value" in choosing ML's product over aftermarket.

List Price on the Summit/SummitX leg convesion is $586 for two speakers according to Brian. It seems that ML was only listening to us when we mentioned that it was a potential profit center to make some Summit X features available.

Last edited:
Looks like the pricing confusion was due to the leg/spike assembly having so many individual parts. I think they priced each part out separately. I, too, expressed dismay at the total, and suggested they "reconsider" and offer the whole assembly as a single "upgrade kit" at a lower price point. Time will tell.

Looks like the pricing confusion was due to the leg/spike assembly having so many individual parts. I think they priced each part out separately. I, too, expressed dismay at the total, and suggested they "reconsider" and offer the whole assembly as a single "upgrade kit" at a lower price point. Time will tell.

You should go back into production!....

I could but there isn't enough demand...

Back