'Spire' vibration noise on deep bass

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayk24

Reaction score
Found out the ESL panel screws were loose. I remove the top plastic cover & tighten the two screws. Finally vibration noise gone. After 100 hrs it's getting sweeter highs and faster bass. I put them 7' apart and 43" from the front wall with 90 degree straight. They sound good with the Lessloss power cables.

The way those things get bounced around in shipping, I'm amazed anything gets there in one piece!

My new Harbeth Monitor 40's the same thing, a few loose screws. UGH.

As I recall, at our ML factory tour a couple years ago, they demo'd how they use torque wrenches during the AirFrame assembly. I wonder if ML would share the torque specs with us, so we can check/tighten our frames (without voiding the warranty)?

How did you remove the top plactic cover?

The Plastic cover is kind of a half moon shape held down by 2 allen key screws on the top behind the ESL panel.

I had this exact same problem. I contacted ML support and they sent me PDF of how the speakers come apart. You really don't need much to fix it. It is just one or two types of hex wrenches. You half to remove the half moon shaped cover as described above and then you can tighten the screws beneath it. ML warns not to overtighten. I don't think you could assign a torque spec to it. It is pretty light pressure. You also may want to make sure the hex bolts on the bottom of the woofer cabinet are snug. That fixed my vibration problem. I was worried it was a damaged cabinet, but it turned out to be simple.

Back