Harmony One

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiTT

Super User
Reaction score
I went over to Circuit City on my lunch hour yesterday just to see if there was anything I was interested in picking up since they are clearing everything out with their impending demise. I ended up picking up a Harmony One universal remote.

Man, this thing is great! It took me about 45 minutes to set everything up via the web and it worked like a charm right off the bat. Cleans up the coffee table in the family room nicely and replaces 4 different remotes. The only thing it doesn't control is the Sony PS3 (it's BlueTooth).

I'm impressed
:bowdown:

Attachments

• Harmony One.jpg
    Harmony One.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 166
Cool, congrats!

I've been thinking of getting one for the spouses system. Good to hear it's easy to setup.

I've given up on universals for my system. I have three universals + 14 unique ones down there ...

It would be a full-time job to normalize that stuff, or take a unit with five hundred buttons :D

Cool, congrats!

I've given up on universals for my system. I have three universals + 14 unique ones down there ...

It would be a full-time job to normalize that stuff, or take a unit with five hundred buttons :D

Yeah Jon, you know I like to think that I am a relatively smart technical guy, but that would probably confuse the living snot out of my feeble brain. If I had to manage all of the aspects of your system I'd probably lay twiching in a puddle of my own drool on the floor.

Thank goodness you're up to the task!
:bowdown:

Last edited:
yep, great product - i've been using a Harmony for a few years and while there is a class of IRs that won't work with them, it's a really great product concept.

and it's canadian to boot!

MiTT.. congrats on the Harmony One. I have the 1000 and sometimes miss using real buttons. Don't think that you're done programming it.. I still tweak mine at times.
As far as the PS3 goes, get the Nyko remote as it comes with a USB IR receiver and then pack the remote away. When setting up your PS3 on the Harmony, you can select the Nyko remote under game console and then rename it to PS3. It doesn't power on/off but it does all of the basics for watching BluRay movies. I got mine for $10 Canadian at Best Buy.

Thanks for the tips on the PS3 MikeyVee. I already picked up the Sony remote, so it's no big deal to just grab that when I'm watching a Blu-Ray, but I'll tinker with your suggestion.

I just got done downloading a bunch of logo's to .jpg and customizing them to my favorites. Way cooler than trying to remember a channel number or just scrolling through favorites.

This thing is pretty fun.;)

Got a Logitech Harmony 550 for $50 on Amazon about a week ago and am quite impressed. Not perfect, but quite good at setting up many different devices. Nice to get rid of the clutter of remotes that had accumulated.

Dunno what it is about these multi-purpose remotes, but I always end up going back to the originals - even though it means a clutter of them.

Latest posts

Back