hi yall !!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Itzpms,

You made my day. I am home sick today and read your initial post which brought a ray of light into my day.Get the speakers set up, once your husband hears them , there will be no turning back. The piano sounds awesome coming through Martin Logans.

Cheers

Last edited:
thanks yall !!

Itzpms,

You made my day. I am home sick today and read your initial post which brought a ray of light into my day.Get the speakers set up, once your husband hears them , there will be no turning back. The piano sounds awesome coming through Martin Logans.

Cheers

i play the piano and i absolutely love to hear clarity and every note
like i'm at the movie theater.
i put a harmon kardon system in our "den" cuz our den is only 18x20.
however, these are for the basement, which is 850 sq ft.
i bought the denon 2809 since i didn't need all the extras on the other models.
i am going to buy the center and sub this month after i make my mortgage payment:cheers:
then i'll have the money to get it set up right.
my hubby will send the low voltage guys over-the lil tech geeks-to
hook it up.
i can handle the delayed gratification a little bit longer.......
actually, he sees the boxes and he's kind of getting excited to hear them !!
:guitar:

i play the piano and i absolutely love to hear clarity and every note
like i'm at the movie theater.
i put a harmon kardon system in our "den" cuz our den is only 18x20.
however, these are for the basement, which is 850 sq ft.
i bought the denon 2809 since i didn't need all the extras on the other models.
i am going to buy the center and sub this month after i make my mortgage payment:cheers:
then i'll have the money to get it set up right.
my hubby will send the low voltage guys over-the lil tech geeks-to
hook it up.
i can handle the delayed gratification a little bit longer.......
actually, he sees the boxes and he's kind of getting excited to hear them !!
:guitar:

Make sure you post lots of pics and put your system in the members' area.

Since you have an electrical supply company , make sure you run dedicated lines to your system. This means one line from the box to a receptacle. You will get cleaner elecricity providing better sound and picture as well.

Cheers

Welcome!

You will LOVE your Martin Logans. My hubby got his given to him as a bonus and as soon as I heard them...I confiscated them. He has the PSB Stratus Golds which give a great rock sound, but my MLs are to die for. Classical, Jazz, Blues, Opera and some really good Tragically Hip sound INCREDIBLE on MLs. As everyone else said...play those babys and he will not be able to argue any longer. You want accurate, pure sound....MLs.

Michelle

Geez, all we need now is Robin chiming in, and next thing ya know, they'll be asking Tom to create an "ML Chicks" sub-forum! :devil:

Geez, all we need now is Robin chiming in, and next thing ya know, they'll be asking Tom to create an "ML Chicks" sub-forum! :devil:

Yeah - and judging by that other thread to which you are referring, we need a "Squeezebox" sub forum too!!

Yeah, a "Streaming/Computer" section would be nice, (especially to counter the new Analog section :D) but I don't think we have a critical mass for that yet.

naughty brad.....

Welcome itzpms,
What is your blood type? Maybe you could sell some 1oz. transfusions for our spouses. If it works we get spouses that love audio and you can buy more equipment.
That's about the only way my wife will ever have audiophile needs in her blood.
Oh wait, that would mean sharing the sweet spot. Hmmm, I might have to rethink this one.
Anybody ever try the sweet spot with someone on their lap.
that was funny !!!!!
i've always been the tomboy in my family; the one that goes out and gets dirty, loves cars, loves tunes, go figure ??
by the way, i am just plain ole "O" positive-the most common blood type !!
YOU MADE MY DAY - THAT WAS TOO FUNNY :bowdown:

Maybe I am taking this music thing to seriously and need a new hobby.
I really was just talking about two people trying to listen from the sweet spot.

Maybe I am taking this music thing to seriously and need a new hobby.
I really was just talking about two people trying to listen from the sweet spot.

A good antidote to all those complaining about their spouse - at least we don't have to fight over the sweet spot. And we don't have to fight for listening time either.

I can just imagine - "NO - IT'S MY TURN FOR A LISTEN TODAY - GET OUT!".

She bought Preface - you can't do the flashlight (torch) trick with those. But yes, take the time to set them up properly - you'll be substantially and commensurately rewarded.

so then what is the correct method? im a broken record on this subject i know....

so then what is the correct method? im a broken record on this subject i know....

What is the correct method? Don't ask me - I don't own them. I just know that the torch technique only works with the membrane on the ES panels. Preface don't have ES membrane.

I guess what is the method for setting up any speaker? Trial and error. All the lights in the world will only give you an idea.

Back