SUMMIT X in the House

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaVinci Media

MLO Vendor
Reaction score
The Summit X arrived today. No listening yet but here are some photos next to the Spire.

Attachments

• PC220007.JPG
    PC220007.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 2,169
  • PC220003.JPG
    PC220003.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 1,404
  • PC220005.JPG
    PC220005.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 1,408
  • PC220006.JPG
    PC220006.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 1,509
pretty cool! I hope you sell many this year :^)

I think you should also clarify that the spires M logo also lights up.a tripod here would really help with the night pics

I will also say that any new Martin Logan Purchases will surely go threw you

Very cool! I'm interested in some listening impressions (as I am sure everyone is!). Based on the release info and the big jump in price I went ahead and ordered a pair of Spire (with gloss black cabinets) for personal use. I couldn't justify the extra cash especially when the Spire I ordered will be paired with 2 Depthi.

Part of me kinda hopes I made a mistake and the Summit X lives up to the 'billing'. That way I have an upgrade path in a year or two from the Spire since the CLX will not work in my house.

Shawn - any listening impressions yet? Worth the the extra over the Spire?

I don't want to put you on the spot, so if you'd rather not comment then fair play... then again not answering may well put you on the spot:D

Someone had to ask, though!

Very cool! I'm interested in some listening impressions (as I am sure everyone is!). Based on the release info and the big jump in price I went ahead and ordered a pair of Spire (with gloss black cabinets) for personal use. I couldn't justify the extra cash especially when the Spire I ordered will be paired with 2 Depthi.

Part of me kinda hopes I made a mistake and the Summit X lives up to the 'billing'. That way I have an upgrade path in a year or two from the Spire since the CLX will not work in my house.

as you can see from my pics of my system the CLX really would not work for me either. I think they really need and deserve a lot of space around them

If you've got a pair of subs with your Spires, you may not need Summit X at all...

Depending on how well the Spire integrates into your room, I think you will be pretty blown away with two subs!

Good evening Shawn, now don't get to impressed....afterall I've just gotten my new Spire's nicely broken in, I don't need any foolish thoughts going through my head ! LOL !

First impressions is that they sound great. I want to give them time to break in though before they go head to head with Spires or CLX.

Shawn, do you have a pair of Summits you could compare them with? I'd love to hear your thoughts on the sonic differences between the two.

Looks like the panel is a bit taller than the Spire. Maybe 2-3 inches by my bifocaled eye. Would that make it larger than the original Summit?

Gordon

If I am in the neighborhood Ill stop in for a listen. !

If you've got a pair of subs with your Spires, you may not need Summit X at all...

Depending on how well the Spire integrates into your room, I think you will be pretty blown away with two subs!

I am building a new house (should be done in April) and they are going in the family room which is not terribly big (14' x 17' I think) but I think the Spire with the Stage and 2 Depthi and a Mark Levinson No433 to power the front 3 should work well.

If the Summit X perform better than the Spire in more than just the bass area I'll probably upgrade. The No433 should be plenty of power for either.

they would really have to have a better mid range to sell me. maybe if I ever get some extra time and money I will demo them and some new amps for my spires

Looks like the panel is a bit taller than the Spire. Maybe 2-3 inches by my bifocaled eye. Would that make it larger than the original Summit?

Gordon

Or is it just the base that is slightly taller and the panel the same. It is hard to tell from the picture.

Latest posts

Back