ML Power cable upgrades?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tegan512

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I'm wondering if any of you have upgraded the stock power cables on your Logans to something an little bit more substantial? If so what kind of improvements did the upgrade realize? I'm contemplating upgraded my Vista PC to Signal Cable PowerMagic and wonder whether it's a worthwhile upgrade.

Thanks

Tegan512

Delicate question...., well, I tried homemade solid core, but I am back to no-brand-just-black-ones. Also tried some famous brand on my amp, sold that cable again...., but for the heck of it, if someone can convince me again I might get some other ones just so it looks like I am a serious audiophile....

I don't think it will do much for the Vista, if you had one of the powered models it might make more sense (from what my dealer and I have gathered). Go nuts, you can always use it on another piece of equipment.

On the Vistas I would think that a power cable change would be minimal, as the AC is only used to charge the Mylar panel, about 5 of watts of power consumption.

The Vantages, Spires and Summits are another story since they have power amplifiers for the woofers.

I think we have discussed this ad nauseam. Check some of the threads and although I don't recall seeing the Vista mentioned most other models have been discussed (sometimes with a bit of heat):D

I didnt find much. but then again i dont have the ear some folks have.they do look better than stock so i keep mine

When I used to own the Ascents, which did not have a powered woofer, I used to keep the cords, but plugged them into a power conditioner - similar to what you are asking.

The midrange and highs sounded like they had a veil of grunge lifted. Small but noticeable. Try for yourself, as always!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back