Analog "DVD" Duet !

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
ARTIST - Michael Fremer...aka - 'Mickey'
TITLE (s) - 21st Century Vinyl & It's a Vinyl World, After All
YEAR of RELEASE - 2006 & 2008 respectively
LABEL - Musicangle.com
GENRE - Refrence / Entertainment 'DVD'

While not "music" I felt it was worth posting up for some of the newer members and for that matter anyone else that is interested in renewing and or starting out in VINYL !

Michael Fremer, Senior Editor Stereophile, is a certifiable analog junkie. He has put together on these two DVD's some lighthearted and informative subject matter relative to the vinyl world.

His first DVD covers practical turntable set-up for ProJect, Rega, and VPI. There is enough info here to adapt to virtually any other table / tonearm / cart you may encounter. He also does an interview with George Marino of Sterling Sounds along with a mini-tour of their cutting system.

The second DVD delves into Record cleaning techniques, Storage and Handling, Collecting as well as two different tours. The first is the Pallas facility in Germany and the second is of RTI's facility in Ca. You get to sit in on a mastering session with Steve Hoffman and Kevin Gray as they work on a Blue Note re-release.

While the seasoned vinyl junkie may not get all that much out of these two disc, I found them to be informative, entertaining (in a 'Mickey' kind of way) and worthy of ones library. Also as abonus both contain PDF files with additional downloads of information, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 281
While the seasoned vinyl junkie may not get all that much out of these two disc, I found them to be informative, entertaining (in a 'Mickey' kind of way) and worthy of ones library.

Agree 100%. I found them very useful and enjoyable to watch. A nice stocking stuffer for Christmas!!!!

Glen

Latest posts

Back