Chicago Shooutout: ML Summits vs Sanders 10b

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ARRGGHH!!, I missed this meeting again!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope to attend next month. Burke I know I have your DB meter.

Doug - out

Great job Burke !!

Good to hear everyones comments, one question though ...........post #69..... David, what exactly were / are you doing ?? Cherian, were you making 'off-handed' remarks ?? LOL !!!

Rich, great pictures.

Sunday was sure a fun day. Doug you really missed it. Roger talked for over 2 hours, lots of information about sound reproduction.

The 10b's are back at my house and thanks to some pointers from Roger (and the remote control) They are dialed in much better. I am going to have them for a few more weeks so that folks from the Chicago Audio Society can come over and get in some extended listening. If anyone from MLOF wants to hear them drop me a PM. I have removed the Summits from the media room and will be running the Sanders till it is time to send them home. So far tonight I have very happy with them.

Ed: in addition to demoing the Sanders 10b, I will be demoing the Vinturi wine aerator, for all you red wine lovers.

Last edited:
Great job Burke !!

Good to hear everyones comments, one question though ...........post #69..... David, what exactly were / are you doing ?? Cherian, were you making 'off-handed' remarks ?? LOL !!!

Dave,

That is pretty funny. We must have been talking about how good the speakers sound... the hand gesturing was completely sub-conscious.

Rich, great pictures.

Sunday was sure a fun day. Doug you really missed it. Roger talked for over 2 hours, lots of information about sound reproduction.

The 10b's are back at my house and thanks to some pointers from Roger (and the remote control) They are dialed in much better. I am going to have them for a few more weeks so that folks from the Chicago Audio Society can come over and get in some extended listening. If anyone from MLOF wants to hear them drop me a PM. I have removed the Summits from the media room and will be running the Sanders till it is time to send them home. So far tonight I have very happy with them.

Ed: in addition to demoing the Sanders 10b, I will be demoing the Vinturi wine aerator, for all you red wine lovers.

Great event, indeed. The speakers sounded great in a big room! The bass, however, is much better in Burke's room as it has a lot more detail and texture.

The interesting takeaway for me was that Sanders truly believes this is a good an electostatic speaker as one can make. I asked him what he would do differently if money was no object or if Bill Gates gave him all the money he needs to come up with the ultimate speaker. He told me that this is pretty much it!

Wine drinkers, this thing is awesome, it really works.
Burke popped open a bottle of wine, we tasted it right out of the bottle, and then tasted it after he poured it through the aerator. Unbelievable, no more waiting for a bottle to breathe, and no fiddling with one of those aerating decantors. And the sound it makes going through is pretty cool.
http://www.vinturi.com/
The next thing you guys have to do is get some Riedel glasses; they make a huge difference. At a restaurant many years ago, I was served a red wine in a white wine glass, and then when I asked for a second glass of the same wine it was served in a red wine glass; I was amazed at the difference in taste. That's when I investigated Riedel. I have a bunch of glasses from their "Vinum" series.

http://www.riedel.com/

Tom, maybe you should migrate these posts to the wine and cheese thread.

Haven't drunk from those particular glasses, but yes, a good glass makes all the difference!! Wife and I have our favourites......

Doug, remember we were talking about this LP....(the second one). I do have it. I either used it or guessed it in an Album cover game at another forum (of which I am in the lead).

Attachments

• pacohh.jpg
    pacohh.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 465
What is that 2nd one? I recognise it, but I don't think I have it (is it a Roxy Music album?). I do, however, have the Sheffeild Lab direct cut record pictured, and ELO's Into The Blue.

What is that 2nd one? I recognise it, but I don't think I have it (is it a Roxy Music album?). I do, however, have the Sheffeild Lab direct cut record pictured, and ELO's Into The Blue.

that would be ELO's "Out of the Blue" - one of my all time faves. ;)

No, the second one down from the top (beneath the Sheffield Wagner on the very top) is Roger Waters "The Secret Guide to Hitchhiking".

wassup, Chicago?? Any new listening sessions happening over at Burke's?

cheers,
angela

Doug, remember we were talking about this LP....(the second one). I do have it. I either used it or guessed it in an Album cover game at another forum (of which I am in the lead).

Sorry I have been away for a while. Yes Pros and Cons. I LOVE THIS RECORD!!!! Is your cover the censored one:( or nude one:D? I have both.

Doug - out

Back