Chicago Shooutout: ML Summits vs Sanders 10b

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burke

Reaction score
Chicago Shooutout: ML Summits vs Sanders 10b, Feb 8th

Well the time has finally come to compare the ML Summits and Sanders Sound Systems 10b. I spoke to Roger the other day and he is going to send me a pair of 10b speakers for 3 to 4 weeks. He is going to ship me the demo pair from CES/THE show. They should arrive around Jan 20th. And I should have new new walls up by then, so we can compare them any weekend from then till Feb 14th . Possible dates are Jan 24th or 25th. (the NFL playoff by weekend). Jan 31 (Saturday before Superbowl). Feb 7th or 8th. Any or all of these times are available for folks to drop by and compare the two.

Also Roger will be in Chicago to demo his Speakers and electronics at the Chicago Audio Society meeting on Feb 15th.

Let me know what is convenient for everyone.

-------

Edit: It looks like Sunday Jan 25th will be the day. I would also be willing to do this on Feb 7th and/or 8th for anyone who can not make in on the 25th, or wants to here them again.

Edit #2: The Sanders speakers did not show in time for the 25th. The Shootout is now set for Sunday Feb 8th.

--burke

Last edited:
WOW GREAT!!! Count me in. Any of the weekends will work for me. I can even bring the beer. This should be fun. :music:

Burke,

If this wasn't smack dab in the middle of the snowmobile season I would be on a train to Chgo for a business trip to coincide with whatever, but, I know your Canon EOS and everyone else's ears will brings us the findings !!

set a date and I may come too! Id like to hear them !

Burke,
Sunday the 25th works the best for me.

The 25th it is. We usually start gathering in the late morning so how about 10:30 AM. and we will go till everyone has had enough.

Also I would be willing to go around again two weeks later on Feb 7th or 8th. For anyone that could not make it on Jan 25th. or need a second listen. Things will might be better dialed in by then as well.

Burke,

If this wasn't smack dab in the middle of the snowmobile season I would be on a train to Chgo for a business trip to coincide with whatever, but, I know your Canon EOS and everyone else's ears will brings us the findings !!

Forget the train, take your snowmobile over, problem solved.:D

Burke,

Sounds like this is going to be a blast. Please let me know if you want me to bring any food, drinks, or gear (ayre and/or act2).

Hmmm..Any way I can borrow your Summits for a week while you will be enjoying the Sanders speakers?:music: :eek: Just kidding!

David you have a ACT 2?????!!!! :bowdown: I would love to listen to it. Can you bring it to the party please??

Sounds like this is going to be a blast. Please let me know if you want me to bring any food, drinks, or gear (ayre and/or act2).

If you could bring the Ayre that would be great as well, as my source is the week link. Also if possible would it be possible to use is for the CAS demo on Feb 15th?

Burke, I would like to attend on either of the dates you have listed. I'd also like to pitch in with food and/or drinks.

I am interested in hearing Roger's improved design crossover bass amp.

If you could bring the Ayre that would be great as well, as my source is the week link. Also if possible would it be possible to use is for the CAS demo on Feb 15th?

Sure, that would be great.

Are you going to have space for the additional electronics that come with the speakers?

I would absolutely love to attend this gathering. But I don't know . . . hard to get excited about going to Chicago in late January. :D I do wish I could come, though. You guys are going to have a blast. Among the whole Chicago contingent, couldn't you you guys come up with a pair of CLX's to compare against the 10b?

Among the whole Chicago contingent, couldn't you you guys come up with a pair of CLX's to compare against the 10b?

Rich,

That's a good point. Although the 10b is priced similar to the Summit, I wonder how that price was arrived at - cost based or value based. Innersound had a $25K speaker that won Stereophile's speaker of the year award (kaya?) It also had a cheaper sibling (eros?). I wonder how the 10b would compare to either one. If it's the kaya, it's priced as a steal.

Change of date

The more important question is: Will Burke be done with his room by then?

I'm in

The problem is not going to be the room. I have the 2ch system working (not dialed in but playing music.).

The problem is the speakers. I spoke with Roger this morning to get the tracking number. The speakers did not ship from Vegas till yesterday (1/19) and that is verbal, not confirmed. It does not look like they will arrive till early in the week of the 26th.

We will have to come up with another date.

Saturday Jan 31, (day before the Superbowl)
Saturday Feb 7th
Sunday Feb 8th

All of these work for me.

(Everyone is still welcome on the 25th, but the 10b's will probably not make it)

I would absolutely love to attend this gathering. But I don't know . . . hard to get excited about going to Chicago in late January. :D I do wish I could come, though. You guys are going to have a blast. Among the whole Chicago contingent, couldn't you you guys come up with a pair of CLX's to compare against the 10b?

Come on Rich, you're not going to let a little snow stop you :D

Jan 31st will work best for me.

Thanks

Cherian

Back