The Room with in a Room Project

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
west (back) wall

Attachments

• IMG_4192-01.jpg
    IMG_4192-01.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 210
The room is so good, I'm speechless

Burke and I jammed some tunes this afternoon in his room. All I can say is WOW!!!!!!

I brought my Ayre and act2 over to hook up to his Sanders driven Summits. Having heard dozens of systems over the last 3.5 years in the hobby, I have never heard a system sound this good. It was hard to get up and switch cd's, as even artists I never heard of were amazing.

The only downside is that the sweet spot was tiny - one person.

I am willing to bet almost no one, including possibly the designers of the Summit have ever heard their speaker sound this good.

wow, that is one small room for Martin Logan's first off! It is amazing how much you can improve the sound with the right acoustical treatments!
What is the size of your screen? It looks like the pictures you posted are somehow squeeze - the screen looks only about 40" or so in the pics!:cool:
Glad it sounds great in there! Now sit back and enjoy!

wow, that is one small room for Martin Logan's first off! It is amazing how much you can improve the sound with the right acoustical treatments!
What is the size of your screen? It looks like the pictures you posted are somehow squeeze - the screen looks only about 40" or so in the pics!:cool:
Glad it sounds great in there! Now sit back and enjoy!

Yes, the room turned out much smaller that I realized. (I did not think it would feel as small as it does.) But with all of the treatments it still sounds quite large. On many recordings you feel on stage or in the first row.

The screen is 60" horizontally, about at 67" diagonal picture. So it is still reasonably big screen (The original screen size in the untreated room was about 90"), but as close as I am the size is about right. And the surround sound will knock your socks off.

As David said, we spent hours this afternoon listening to things we had never heard on our CDs before. The combination of the Ayre player, Act 2 pre, Sanders mono blocks, and Summits in the room is a truly magical synergy.

I am now going to go back and sit down with a glass of wine and some cheese, and enjoy the evening and some quality tunes.

Wow... This looks great and I bet sounds better :music:

Congratulations Burke!!!

Burke,

I have not seen your system for some time as I have been very busy at work and even though I check things out here just about every day, I somehow missed your construction project! Talk about ambutious! I remember when I came to visit you last year (or should I clarify that you were kind enough to pick me up from my hotel), when you played some movie cuts, I was blown away . . . . literally by that shot gun blast! :D It was VERY real back then, I can not imagine it being any more real than that. Movies have to be a real "experience" in that room. Summits, Stage, Sanders mono blocks! You must buy a seat belt for your listening chair! :ROFL:

Unfortunately, due to the economy, we have cancelled our national sales meeting, which was to be in Chicago this month. I won't be able to bug you for a ride to hear this masterpiece of construction. :(

So what have you bought for your wife so she didn't leave you during the construction project . . . or after it for that matter. You have one very high WAF is all I can say!

Now get off the computer and get back to listening to that system!!!!!!!

Back